mac super drive???

The max is supposed to be around 24", but I have personally seen a 36" cable that has worked. I would maybe go to an external drive then, because how are you going to get power out of the case to power the drive. I don't think an extension for power out of the case is a good idea. And if you do go with an external drive go with a USB 2.0 or firewire unit. You will not be happy the performance of a USB 1.1 unit.

how long can a firewier or USB 2.0 cable go? and the other thing about an external power unit is that it is anouther PSU on this thing but i will look into it

I would go no longer than 4.5 meters on either type of cable. Special booster cables are needed for the USB to go farther than 4.5 meters, but I'm not sure of the firewire length for certain.

ok thnaks, it shouldnot need to go for more and a meter of it but that is something i just found out today, thank you for your help but still, does anyone recomend a laptop or slim drive that can do it all and is good but not the most expencive

The one I showed you earlier in the posts, will do everything write DVD-R's, CD-R, CD-RW, Play DVD's, CD's. The only thing it can't do, which is the same thing the Mac SuperDrive can't also, is write DVD+R. That is not a problem though.

i need something that can do it all, burn to dvd, read dvd, burn to cd and read from cd, does anyone know of a good one for like a laptop or slim for pc

That is what I showed you!

1X DVD-R Read/Write
1X DVD-RW Read/Write
8X DVD-ROM Read
16X CD-R Read/Write
10X CD-RW Read/Write
24X CD-ROM Read
Horizontal or Vertical Mount
External Dimensions (W x H x D): 128mm x 12.7mm x 126mm
Weight: 0.2 kg
Warranty: 1 Year limited warranty

General Features
Reads and records digital data on DVD-R/-RW and CD-R/-RW discs.
CD-R/-RW disc write/rewrite at 16X/10X
DVD-R/-RW disc write/rewrite at 1X/1X
3-way Disc Eject (eject button, software, emergency eject hole)
Average Random Access Time
CD: 95ms
DVD-ROM: 105ms
DVD-RAM: 170ms
Horizontal or Vertical Mount
2MByte Buffer
Playback interchangeability for CD-ROM and DVD-ROM discs
Regionalization (RPC2 compliance) (DVD)

BUS Interface
IDE Interface Connector, 50 Pin I/F ATAPI Standard

Types of Disc Formats Supported - Write
Applicable Write Format
DVD-R: Disc at once, incremental write
DVD-RW: Disc at once, incremental write, restricted overwrite
CD-R/-RW: Disc at once, Track at once, Session at once, Packet write

Applicable Write disc
DVD-R DVD-R (Ver 2.0 for General),
DVD-RW DVD-RW (Ver 1.1.)
CD-R/-RW CD-DA, CD+(E)G, CD-MIDI, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, MIXED MODE CD, CD-I, CD-I Bridge (Photo-CD, Video-CD), Multi-session CD (Photo-CD, CD-EXTRA, Portfolio),

Types of Disc Formats Supported - Read

DVD:
DVD-ROM (DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-10, DVD-18)
DVD-R (Ver. 1.0, Ver. 2.0)
DVD-RW (Ver. 1.0, 1.1)

CD:
CD-DA, CD+(E)G, CD-MIDI, CD-TEXT, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I, CD-I Bridge (Photo-CD, Video-CD), Multi-session (Photo-CD, CD-EXTRA, CD-R, CD-RW, Portfolio), CD-R, CD-RW

Note: All DVD/CD formats, except CD-Red Book (audio), require additional application specific software and/or hardware. The drive is capable of reading these data formats. However, in order to run applications that use these formats, you must first have the required software and/or hardware.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back