LSASS.exe

XpGuy1

Mindless Poster
has anyone ever gotten this error before. It pops up almost daily now on my pc and it causes the computer to shut down. I have run virus scans and even downloaded the tool from microsoft to see if this machine has the Sasser Virus but nothing... i'm at my wits end.. it is causing major resource issues and i can't stay conected to the internet long enough to search for answers... any help would be appreciated..

I'm running XP with SP1... i can't stay connected long enough to get SP2.

evil little bugger it is. forgot to patcha new comp for reg sasser yesterday and did a data migration and it rebooted it half way through...

thanks, i hope these help.... i just hope i can fix it.. i even re installed my operating system hoping that would do it and it didnt'... i'm really stummped on this one..

when it comes up go to run and type shutdown -a this will make sure it wont shut you down again but you are still gonna wanna download the patch and all that. Also make sure the messenger service is turned off in services.

ha well what do you know i just got that msg too lol, it's not a virus though it stands for local security authentication server i think the last s is for shell, if lsass.exe is located in c:\windows\system32 then it's safe otherwise it's a virus so in my case it wasn't a virus it was from the system32

now here is what i think: if anything happens while you're logged on, ie something with your account has been played with then i think that lsass process is killed and causes your computer to shutdown

plz correct me if im wrong that was all from my common sense so i hope im right

only time i have ever got it is when we got to shutdown computers in networking remotely and the virus.

lol and this is what happened when you don't let lsass.exe reboot your computer, the computer won't see you logged on check out this screenshot from my taks manager it's all unknown user

noUser_Name.png

What is using a 16 bit compatable mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back