LSASS.exe problem

H

hefty lefty

A little while back my computer would boot up to the xp logo screen then I would get an error LSASS.exe Endpoint format invalid error message.
Then it would restart itself,system restore wouldnt work(even to a long time back).
I could start Windows in safe mode though.
As it happened I was About ready to reformat the machine back to original condition anyway.
But to prevent it happening again I was wondering what the Hell happened.
Any Ideas or similar problems?

you need to know what the heck LASS.exe is.
it's not a windows file...back the damn file up..ok go to the safe mode and then delete it...search for the file and right click and see its properties..maybe it's a virus.
don't forget to back it up before delete it.
you windows works good in the safe mode because that file is a 3d party.

LSASS.EXE is the Local Security Authority Sub-System. Essentially, it's the file that gives you Windows NT, 2000, and XP. If it can't start you can't get in. Try to boot to the XP CD, run Setup, and choose the repair option. If that doesn't work, install Windows XP over itself. You shouldn't lose any data, but who knows..... If that also fails, all you can do is reformat and reinstall the OS.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1030557990

Thanks Kr0m I found that site after I re-installed (Only had the factory restore option for xp).
Need to keep my backup comp at home and put xp on it, Instead of the wonderful win2000(Sarcasm).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back