Low-End PCs + Gaming Suggestions

Kr0m

OSNN Veteran Addict
Well, Christmas is soon arriving and I was thinking about getting a game to play. I was wondering if there's anyone else on here that has a 'slower' computer that have some suggestions for FPS type games to buy. I'm currently hooked on a mod for Quake 3 (still) and I dabble a bit in UT2K4. I've read lots about half-life 2 but don't really know how well it will run on my system (if at all). I'd be more interested in the online (team oriented) play of HL 2, plus the mods that will soon come out. My main specs are the following and any suggestions on what game to buy would be appreciated (Upgrading isn't an option at this point).
AMD Duron 1.3 GHz
PowerColor RadeonSE 128MB
768MB SDRAM

Half Life 2 should run okay on your machine. :) You may want to tweak some of the Windows XP settings and the graphic settings in the game to get increased performance though. I run HL2 and CS: Source on an AMD XP 1.4 512mb RAM GeForce FX 5600 128 and it doesn't really give me much trouble at all. :)

CS will always be one of the greatest online FPS games but I also reccomend UT2k4 and Battlfield 1942 (or any of it's other add ons). I also like Tribes Vengeance and Call of Duty. If you want to try an RPG, I suggest Final Fantasy Online. The only down part is that has a monthly fee.

pac man? :p

it should run most modern games, but on very low settings :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back