Lost the volume tray icon

S

smartAss

After running a few mods on my XP I seem to have lost my volume icon, i have tryed to go to the sound setup to re add the icon but XP tell's my to reinstall the sound device.
this is the the cmp syntax the I ran in my dos box:
"start
run
type: RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
enter
restart"

Hmmm I realy feel that Im into deep s**t; i understand nada and could realy need some help to get my icon back on the tray.

Tia...

I did try to do it from within XP in the add/remowe prog. but that was a nogo :(
-Well did'nt think of doing it from the CD, well well did'nt know it was posible lol :)

I'll give it a shot..

Thx for the fast feed back catch23

goto your Device Manager, is the sound card listed. If it is then click it and then select Remove (Before you do this make sure you have the drivers to reinstall the card)
Reboot and XP should ask you to tell it where the drivers are. Your card will then be reinstalled.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back