Lost my home network - HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mubbers, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

Ever since I installed Norton 2006 my home network has been inaccessible.

Every time I try to access previously accessible folders on the netwroked PC's i get error messages telling me the Network path was not found.

I've tried making a new network, this seems to work but I then get the same messages.

Now I have two networks, neither of which work. When I first set it up it was easy now nothing I am trying works :(

1) Does anybody know if norton 2006 could be the issue - as far as I am aware I've enabled across the network range so norton should be allowing the network.

2) How can I delete these useless networks from "my network places"?

bush dogg likes this.
  2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I would rip off Norton or disable it - easiest way to find out if that is the culprit.
  3. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

Yes I would say that’s Norton… you have to add the computers to the trusted sites in Norton personal firewall and if I remember right run the Norton network setup wizard within Norton ,check out the manual from Here and look on page 12/13 it will give you the steps to correct the problem. (maybe)

I had this problem with NPF a few years back, it can be a pain to setup.:)
    Mubbers likes this.
  4. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

I'd tried disabling norton but that didn't work!

However I checked out the manual and I'm now back up and running after I checked out the "Trust Control" tab

Thanks chaps!!!