lost drives

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by brian512000, Jul 13, 2002.

1. brian512000

brian512000 Guest

xp has lost my cd drives. all was well writing a cd, when i put the next disc in the drives were not shown. I am using a raid card, control panel tells me the drives are installed but cannot be found. I uninstalled them ,rebooted , and although the bios reads them , xp reinstalled the devices,they cannot be found.......where are they ? does anyone know?
  2. mistajohnson

mistajohnson Guest

Have you recently installed new H/W ? Sounds to me like it could be a power supply issue. When the drives disappear, do they still have power?

Got the latest xp drivers for your raid card?
  3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Tried to post this yesterday

Hope it works today.

Try this: Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management, Disk Management. If you notice that the letter that was assigned to the cd rom has disappeared do this to reassign it. Right-click the cd rom that disappeared. (click in the white area just below the word "Volume") and select "change drive letter and paths." Reassign it.
  4. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Birmingham, UK
    if bios picks it up means something messed up inside XP...

it wouldn't be raid drivers... could be a hard ware conflict... although i doubt it...

try looking for some updated drivers... if your current drivers aren't specificied for XP...

it could always be a hardware malfunction :-/ - as a last resort u may want to go back to the shop and get them to check it out for yah m8...

Moved to hardware