Losing my connection to the Internet

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mefast, Jan 31, 2002.

1. mefast

mefast Guest

I boot my machine from a cold startup, win xp starts. I launch my browser, connection established to the internet over DSL. I can't
    really explain this, but I'll lose my connection for no apparent reason. No other applications running. I restart the computer boots succesfully launch Internet Explorer connection to web established.

It seem intermitten, I do not understand it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

--mefast

2. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

What provider? What type of dsl? PPPoE? Check tools/internet options/connections/lan settings/ and make sure that auto-detect settings is unchecked.

3. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

NAV 2002 was the culprit in my case. My dsl connnection would bomb and I had to reboot several times and/or 'repair' the connection over and over. I uninstalled NAV and now everything is cool again.

4. da rock

da rock Guest

yeah i had the same prob and i was running nav 2002,like Lonman i uninstalled it and my dsl was a happy camper! of coarse
    i'm now looking for a anti virus program that will workand hoping
    norton will come thru w/ a patch!

5. existenz

existenz Guest

Weird...My DSL works fine with NAV 2002 on auto-detect too...

it's PPPoE...

6. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

I was having a similar problem with my cable connection, and i think it was my NIC. It was an old one with no new drivers so i bought a new one and it seems to be ok so far. See if you can find an updated driver for your NIC.