Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Sazar wait of the extended edition to come out the last two have been significantly more "compleate" than the films making them even more enjoyable! I have a feeling the Jackson may have another crack at the ending for the extended edition as he did get alot of flack for leaving saruman out. Still the movie was groovy as it was and people who get too arsey about the book i always like to remind them of the the sentance included in each film "BASED ON JRR Tolkiens Lord of the Rings" for the only way to perfectly recreate the book would be to film someone filpping the pages monty python style ;) and you read along! :)

Sazar said:
I will post again what I posted then.. did anyone else notice how frodo lies on the slopes of mount doom lamenting to samwise about not being able to eat/drink/feel the grass under his feet et al... and all the while there is a lovely green patch of grass nought but a few feet away in CLEAR sight on the slopes of mount doom ?

:D
Haha really? I didn't notice that :D The scene was great though.

@Erbmaster: Maybe I'll check it out one day...

indyjones said:
Sazar wait of the extended edition to come out the last two have been significantly more "compleate" than the films making them even more enjoyable! I have a feeling the Jackson may have another crack at the ending for the extended edition as he did get alot of flack for leaving saruman out. Still the movie was groovy as it was and people who get too arsey about the book i always like to remind them of the the sentance included in each film "BASED ON JRR Tolkiens Lord of the Rings" for the only way to perfectly recreate the book would be to film someone filpping the pages monty python style ;) and you read along! :)

I don't care about the dvd... the THEATRICAL version should have at least had some form of closure for saruman and wormtongue... knowing that they are not going to be adding anything to do with the scouring...

All I could say after walking out from the theatre was... "WOW".

I've never really gotten into LOTR at all, I never read the books when I was younger so the movies were all new to me. I'm quite impressed with the movies and I've started reading The Hobbit and then onto the rest of the LOTR books. (The last book I've read was like 15 yrs ago!)

I had no problem with the closure for sauraman. although i look forward to the DVD :)

Sazar said:
I don't care about the dvd... the THEATRICAL version should have at least had some form of closure for saruman and wormtongue... knowing that they are not going to be adding anything to do with the scouring...

He was going to add a 9mins and some change closure for saruman but he had to cut it for the theatre as well as some other parts ... think i read 1hr 5mins cut total ... as great as it was ALOT less ppl would have gone to see a 4hr 35min movie sadly
:(

*Edit* - he also thought it kinda bad to start the movie on a kinda ending of the 2nd instead of going right into the 3rd (that make sense ... having trouble wording that for some reason :p ). Also the shire stuff will not be making it into the extended DVD version.

Also after what he did w/ LotR I wonder what he's going to do w/ "Kong" that will add something new to a many time told story.

Sazar said:
I can't wait for the 4th one to come out... sauron strikes back :D

gonna be a bloody classic that one...

Maybe they can introduce a new character: Jar-Jaromir!

when you separate the movie from the book it was a great movie. But when you change so many things that need to be in the movie you are making a very choppy movie. They talked about the nazgul and gandalf and then they have no part of when gandalf is standing at the gates telling the nazgul you shall not pass...also they left out why Denethor goes crazy in the first place...that part made no sense cause you really don't know why he goes crazy. The movie has to be better in the extended edition or it will be a very dissappointing. if you watched the movies first you will enjoy them like no other movie ever. If you read the books then watch th emovie you can't help it but cut through parts that make no sense...

indyjones said:
...remind them of the the sentance included in each film "BASED ON JRR Tolkiens Lord of the Rings"

Where exactly does it say that!?

Oh, and i've got the complet LoTR audiobooks bookmarked...if anyone want them feel free to PM me.

Tuffgong4 said:
Also I have learned that the son of Tolkien does not want to have the hobbit made into a movie because he says that a movie would not be able to do the books justice. The only reason why we had a chance to see the LOTR trilogy is because his dad JRR sold the rights for the movies for 15.000 pounds a while back. SO it might be hard for Jackson to get the rights of the movie.

Incorrect. The rights to make the movie are actually already owned by New Line Cinema...the only thing holding back the start of the production is the fact that another company (forget its name) owns the distribution rights.

Eh? What? "his dad JRR sold the rights for the movies for 15.000 pounds a while back" where did you make this up from? A while back? £15,000? ......what's your source? They are owned by Tolkien Enterprises http://www.tolkien-ent.com not exclusively by anyone.

Well thats not quite right, at least accoriding to what i've read. The production rights are currently shared between MGM and New Line Cinema. and they are having a bit of an tiff about who gets to make it and of course get the big bucks

UNited Artists owns the distribution rights...I guess the link that I read from theonering.net had sent me the wrong way for information since from the time that I read it they have posted many more news headlines to clarify it. Some time right after the movie debuted is when I read that Tolkein had sold the rights for 15,000 pounds...that part is true but after researching farther the part about the movie rights I made is inaccurate sorry guys!..

oh yeah if I can find the source about the 15000 pounds I will post it...it was a while back that I read it and hope I can find it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back