Looking to get a laptop

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
I am looking to buy my first laptop and am looking to get something full featured as a replacement for my desktop. (I am now an long-haul truck driver) I need alot of storage space, wi-fi, good graphics for games, large screen. Can you mobile folks out there shed some light on some good choices?

I have been out of touch for a year and havent been able to keep upto date on the newest, latest, and greatest.

Need a few details i.e. size/weight preference, cost, features, durability?

There are many options out there :)

Cost is a HUGE thing so let us know. Also battery life is kind of important although you can get an auto/air adapter and you'll be more than set.

I would like to keep the cost under $3,000 if I can, I have done some "wishfull" window shopping on Dell, HP, and Alienware, but not really sure if things like intel dual-core, (and whatever AMD's comparable is). Not really worried about weight or size, would like a 19" screen but can deal with a 17". I would like as much speed/ram/and storage space as possible and is usable/practical (ie:the 256mb vid cards that don't really have a performance benifit). Will mainly be surfing web, navigation (streets and trips w/gps), music, and especially games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back