Looking to Buy BluRay Player

Or.... here's a different option (and one that i just opted for not long ago). Seeing as your computer seems to be up to spec, although i'm not sure about the video card... whether it's HDCP compliant or not...... you could always get a BluRay drive for your PC for $130.

Please tell me where you find $130 ones, cause I can't. Well, I am trying to find one that plays and burns, so that might be the cause.

burners cost more :)

Since HDD's are cheaper and faster for more space... :)

yeah..... a BluRay writer will still cost you over the $200 mark. Isn't really worth it, especially since i believe a single layer BD-R disc still costs $20. like LA said.... hard drives are cheaper (per GB), faster, and have a MUCH higher possible capacity.

BluRay readers can be picked up on the somewhat-cheap now. as i said... $130 is what i paid for my Lite-On drive.

yeah..... a BluRay writer will still cost you over the $200 mark. Isn't really worth it, especially since i believe a single layer BD-R disc still costs $20. like LA said.... hard drives are cheaper (per GB), faster, and have a MUCH higher possible capacity.

BluRay readers can be picked up on the somewhat-cheap now. as i said... $130 is what i paid for my Lite-On drive.

Is that drive compatible with profile 2.0?

If not, I would highly recommend buying the PS3 and beign done with it. It supports all the standards and has been getting updated via firmware and software upgrades and performs pretty much all functions in the Hardware :D

My only issue is the non-standard Blue-Tooth remote :( Why not IR or RF Sony, why not :(

0.o.... why would the drive itself need to be compatible with 2.0? Standalone BluRay players for entertainment centers and such have to be compatible, because there's nothing that can really be changed besides the firmware of the player itself. When using a computer drive, it's only the reading capabilities the drive has to have. What has to be compatible is the software you're playing the BluRay movie with, which i believe the latest update for PowerDVD had something about that.

edit: notes for latest patch for PowerDVD 8

Adds playback support for Blu-ray Disc Profile 2 (BD-Live).

PS3 is the way to got for BR player imho. It has upgradable firmware, and you can play games on it as well:)

same as on a PC. and guess what. said games also usually don't cost $59.99. And depending on the game, there's also a nice modding community for PC. Did i also mention the fact that games typically look better on PC (unless they're crappy ports.... i.e. IronMan for PC)?

seriously..... "upgradable firmware", and "play games"... shouldn't be the leading points on why PS3 is the way to go for BluRay, when if you have a capable PC, you can get a BluRay reader for roughly 1/3 the price of a PS3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back