Looking for info on SupremeFX II audio card

Discussion in 'Benchmarks & Performance' started by SysProg, Nov 9, 2007.

1. SysProg

SysProg OSNN Addict

North Aurora, IL
    I'm looking to purchase an Asus P5E motherboard and have a question about the SupremeFX II audio card that ships with it. Is it possible to connect the front panel audio jacks to the SupremeFX II or the P5E? I have an Antec Nine Hundred case.

I downloaded the manual for the P5E and couldn't find an answer to my question. I didn't see an audio connector on the P5E and the picture of the SupremeFX II shows pins on the edge of the card. The manual doesn't say what the pins are for. I searched the internet but haven't found anything ton this. You can see a picture of the SupremeFX II at http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...=0&Description=ASUS+P5E+ATX+Intel+Motherboard

2. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

In The Void
    if the pins on the side of the card have a lead to connect to the board/case then i would say yes - although looking at the picture of the card i not that optimistic
  3. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    I think you're SOL.
  4. Rikk Andeson

Rikk Andeson Spacegato

From what I gather it is the audio connector for your computer chassis. So if you want to use the front panel mic and speaker connectors you can plug the wires into the SupremeFX II board. Take a look at the sight: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...r&id=20060909132727680&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

I'm like you, i couldn't find anything on the card. I try a search for the AAFP1 pinouts and found the above sight. Hope this helps!
  5. kaon347

kaon347 OSNN One Post Wonder

Pinouts for the Supreme fx II 10pin HD connector on the back of the module.

1 2 3 4 5
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 0 0 0 the zeros are the pins the numbers are what each pin is.
    6 7 8 9 10

1. Line out Left
    2. No Connection
    3. Line out Right
    4. Micbiyes (not used in my case)
    5. Mic In

Bottom Row
    6. Return Left
    8. Return Right
    9. +5VA pos
    10. -Ground

Hope that helps you out.