looking for an app!! help!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DAZZ, Feb 7, 2003.

1. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I really need it.

I'm looking for an app that could 'record' what you do with the mouse and keyboard. Then I can schedule my computer to do that like let's say 3:00am

For example, click on an icon, type in this text, press enter, wait 10 minutes, open a text file, delete a text file, open an another app, ect...

I have to do this whole process for my site which take's 10 minutes to do, and there should be an application to 'auto' do this, so I don't have to go on my computer everyday doing it!

Please help out, this is very important!\

If you don't understand, I will try to explain it better.
  2. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

Don't know of any such app, but i'm assuming that everything that has to do with scheduling a web site can be done in an easier way, php for say?
    on the other hand i have no idea what is it exactly that you want to do.
  3. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

I was looking for this exact same thing a little while back. Windows 3.1 used to have such a program, but they stopped making it starting with Windows 9x.

Here's the URL where I posted the question:

Unfortunately the only program the could suggest costs $23 which I, of course, do not want to pay anywhere near that much for such a program.

If you ever find a free program that does this, let me know here as well.
  4. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

That link just goes to tek-tips main page...

and I would pay that much, if I could download at test it first. This would save me many hours a week. And I do use PHP. I couldn't use PHP alone for this, since it need's to be done remotely.
  5. Lighter

Lighter . . . . . . . . .

Ever hear of batch files? If you're familiar with vb or wmi scripting, you can program a job or series of tasks to take place whenever you want. It's a tedious process (at least, the debugging part) but works pretty well.

As far as the app is concerned, you can use notepad for coding. :)
  6. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

lol, yea right!!

:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:
  7. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

anyone suggest somthin else??
  8. Drew

Drew Guest

9. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

Not sure if this is what you are looking for? They do have a free trial download.

10. Yoz

Yoz Guest

You could create a macro and have that record all the keystokes and clicks and then schedule it to run at whatever time u want.