looking for a new/used windshield

Discussion in 'Garage Sale' started by Sazar, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

looking for a new or used windshield for a nissan 240sx coupe... preferably with the headsup display thinger in the glass :)

vehicle model range == 89-93... all used the same style of windshield...

also prefer if the windshield is @ or under $100... and within a 100 mile radius of tampa/florida... in the united states...

lowest price I have seen of a used windshield is $75-100 in my area... I have to call up to confirm availability of the part...

any help provided will be greatly appreciated :)

thanks lads and lasses...

:cool:

2. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

in the u.k a new windscreen cost £50.....the insurance company pay the rest. do ya get the same thing in the u.s?

3. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

that would depend on the insurance policy excess surely?

4. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

true, but there all fairly similar. the £50 excess was with tesco. they pay the outher £~100

5. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

sazar, how long have you had your 240sx for? my brother has one and is putting a skyline engine in his this summer RBdet 25 can't put the 26 in it because its has the AWD transmission.

anyways back on topic have you try your local "pick a part" my brother got a few parts for his car at the one near where we live. and the gauges in the windshield are cool aren't they :)

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

well I am getting a windshield for $75 from a local place... thats about the lowest I can get it... I checked out the windshield... its a messed up car... but the glass is immaculate... dunno how that happened :D

I got my car for free :)

my brother is a nissan headcase :D he has 2 brand new maxima GLE's (well... 2003 models... were new till I spose around april :) ) and is currently looking @ g35- coupes or a lexus gs series... depends on budget and what not...

that skyline engine should give your bro around 250-280hp stock I reckon... you sure the 240sx drive train can handle that ?

I spose it can... it is a rather torquey little car init :D

anyways... thanks for options... :) I got my stuff done..

and fyi.. had problems getting my insurance to cover it since I had a texas registered car (is florida now) and was texas registered when the glass got cracked initially... insurance said if car was florida registered I woulda had it for $0...

:rolleyes: I hate insurance agents...