Looking for a good gaming laptop

Discussion in 'Benchmarks & Performance' started by Vanquished, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Hey,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows of some good laptops out there for gaming. I would like HP or Compaq, or Toshiba, etc. Not Alienware because they are expensive. I don't really care about HDD capacity, screen size, battery life, etc. All i really care about is a good video card.
    My max price would be 2 grand.
    Thanks,
    Jack

2. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

3. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Re: Looking for a good gaming-ish laptop

be that as it may Aprox, Vanquished already said he didn't want a alienware he was looking for something 2 grand or less and from HP/Compaq or Toshiba.

Now Vanquished I'm not sure how good of a gaming laptop your going to find for your price, but would interested in what you do find

4. Vanquished

Re: Looking for a good gaming-ish laptop

Well, really the only thing is 2 grand or less. and on that link. i found one for 2grand with some change, and with the go 7950 512mb graphics so...
    Nice find, thanks.
    Even cheaper would be great :), as i said, i barely use hdd space, and i dont care about dvd burners, etc..

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Thread moved.

6. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

7. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Within your price range, I would recommend any of these three models:

Gateway M685-E

http://www.gateway.com/products/gconfig/proddetails.asp?seg=sb&system_id=m685esbb

HP nx9420

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/321957-64295-89315-321838-f1-1839153.html

HP Pavillion dv9000t

http://www.shopping.hp.com/series/c...EUhEltt77xZGN9MZVbjW4CIUiO92d4yYyNxsx!5160476

Each are customizable, so you can go lower on hdd and others that you don't want to beef up graphics. Haven't come across too many cost effective portables with more than 256MB of Dedicated Video RAM.

8. Vanquished

Ok, thanks.
    I got the gateway down to just under 2 grand, so thats good, with the t7400 processor, and the Go 7900 GS graphics card.
    I also customized your third one, with the 512mb card, but im wondering if the 7600 is good enough, it is 512mb but...
    And im not a huge fan of dell, but thanks :)

9. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Good luck with your choices, you should be happy if you go with either of those models ;)