Longhorn

Originally posted by dubstar
the only people i know with all the eye candy running everyday are the ones who dont know how to turn it off. everybody who knows how to disable things like "transparent windows" does, it just wastes memory. Unless your some jerk with 1gig, then your a smart jerk, and i want to be you. I just wonder why they're working on a new platform, I havent noticed anything that would really NEED work done. Longhorn is just going to be a cracked out win98se, just like XP. whats the point, really?

Hmm... it doesn't look like you've read up on Longhorn much. Why don't you check the link that I posted earlier (the same one that NerdUprising just posted), and learn about Longhorn. It is definitely not the equivalent of 98SE.

Here's a question: Why would MS wait until 64-bit computing became mainstream for desktop PCs before they started working on a new platform? You always have to prepare for what technology holds in the future.

still seems like a bunch of eye candy. the site from microsoft only touched on.. well, nothing. just more specific speaker settings, and a built in AntiVirus (who didnt see that coming). I figured that Anti-Virus would be in XP. The things they're throwing in now are just things you'd get when you buy a hardware.

For example:

Sound card = sound software. You get software that helps maximize the useage. M$ now brings it to you, but it will still just be taken over by the Software that comes with your hardware. (for those who upgrade and so on).

Anti-Virus = taking care of the computer. M$ is trying to take over the companies that keep it in business. If i didnt have an AV, i probably wouldnt use a computer like I do today. Either take over companies, or make them buy out the other one by auctioning a chance to be apart of their OS.

Filesharing is next, or atleast WAS next.

thats just what i think, i'll probably look into Longhorn more next year, and find they're actually doing something more with it. But in my mind, they're just reworking XP to look different, and have more software.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back