Logon Script for a given user

JasonPoS

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi All,

I am new to the log on script i need some advice

what i want to do is set up 2 log in scripts the first one would do the following

> Delete all temp files form the system
> set date format to DD/MM/YYYY
> set time format to HH:MM
> set PC time to the same time as the server
> Set the shell option to C:\BarPoS\BarPoS.exe

the second one would do the following
> Delete all temp files form the system
> set date format to DD/MM/YYYY
> set time format to HH:MM
> set PC time to the same time as the server

The second one is used by Admin user ID and the first one is by PoSUser (locked down)

While the script is running i would like it NOT To show the DOS window but show a graphcial HTML page

How can I do this?

advice or code MOST welcome as I have NO IDEA how to do this

Thanks

Andy

1) what language do you want to write your login script in?
2) Is this on a domain?

3) I would recommend using group policy to set the windows shell (see this for more info on setting the shell and a locked down desktop over group policies).

Actually, you can use group policies to delete the temp folder at logoff as well.. you could create a batch file to do a recursive search for all *.tmp files, but that's really over kill and will slow down your login significantly.

You could also create a custom ADM template to use in group policies to change the regional/time settings that you want to change.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back