Logitech's answer to Razer Copperhead

well..... in a way it is kinda cruise control. it's the buttons that are just above and below the scroll wheel. you can either use the scroll wheel to move up and down the page, or just hold in one of the cruise control buttons to move in the designated direction. I don't use them too often, but they do come in handy sometimes. i mostly set them to a key press and use them in gaming. works like a dream.

Hmmm...

Will look into get a new mouse once my pay check comes

Gah wish I could read... just got my black mx1000 and then I read about the g7 ... didn't realise it was cordless! :s

EP: you made the right choice. in my mind, the 2000dpi isn't worth the massive loss of buttons that are able to be customized.

one thing everyone is assuming is they took away the forward button... maybe its on the side you dont see in the photos...

highly unlikely. i've seen the shot of the direct side of the mouse where you see the back button, and it's not there, and it doesn't appear to be on the other side either. Besides..... why on earth would they go from the design that EVERYONE likes, having both the back and forward buttons easily thumb accessible, to having the forward button back over by your pinky finger where it's a pain to get to.

I never had a problem with the MX700 design.. Only reason I bougt an mx1000 was for the laser :)

I still dont get your over the top aggressiveness considering your liking for cheap gimmicks on pc cases :p

you still can't get over the fact of my LCD on the case, can u? for one, it's not a very customizable LCD. all it can show is fan speed, temps, time, hdd and cpu activity..... and that's about it. i think the main reason that i bought it..... is the fact that it's not a cheap quality case. u know, like how a lot of cases that have the door on the front, whether it's a half door or full door, are usually 80% plastic with accents of metal here and there if not ALL plastic. every single thing on this case is metal cept for the small ring going around the LCD that has the controls for it. If i had known BEFORE i ordered it that it would have had a weight of near 50lbs. when all my crap was in it, i more than likely would have either looked for a different case, or waited till the Dragon came out.

No, I'm trying to get at this point that you bought an overpriced gimmiky case becasue it had an LCD on the front and it looked like a subwoofer or a jet inlet over all other factors.

Which is no different to people wanting a 2000dpi laser mouse based on the mx700 design, or a 2000dpi laser mouse with 32kb onboard ram so that it remembers how you set the buttons no matter which computer you plug it into.

Until you get over this "OMG its just a mouse with less buttons, moron!" I will likely keep reminding you and the world that you are just as quick to buy things cos of gimmicks and "cool" factor as everyone else.

a mouse is probablt THE most used part of the computer next to the keyboard and screen. At the end of the day you want it to be accurate, responsive, look and feel good. All logitech mice over time have achieved this as technology has evolved.

A 2000dpi mouse is probably about as accurate as you're going to get for another 6-12 months. Quit trying to peg it into the ground or go back to the stone age and use a cheap beige case, and a cheap $2 ball mouse.

Damn...arguments over a mouse! Now I've seen everything.
rofl.gif

NetRyder said:
rofl.gif

Have you seen a goat hold up a bank wearing a diaper? :twisted:

On a side note, does anybody else think that we should change this face :beard: to :gonaads: ?

NetRyder said:
rofl.gif

Not quite :p

Just seems ED has turned into an anti-progressive after being bunred by his gimmick case purchase :p

zeke_mo said:
On a side note, does anybody else think that we should change this face :beard: to :gonaads: ?

Only if it spams EP every time we use it :D

*sigh* LA.....
i think the main reason that i bought it..... is the fact that it's not a cheap quality case.
if that still didn't get the point across.... i did >>>NOT<<< buy the case for the sole reason of basically being able to say "i have an LCD on the front of my case". I just got kinda bored with the plain old cases where everything was showing right there, out in the open. i also didn't like all those UBER gimmicky cases with all the fancy detailing on it.... that had 80% plastic front covers for the drive bays that felt like they would snap in half if the drive auto-ejected for some reason when the door was closed. I hate getting poor quality cases, like the last one i had. it was a semi-standard case, with 2 clear plastic strips along the sides with blue LED's at each corner. after a few months, the lights seemed to die..... but they didn't. the LED's just fell out of place due to the fact that they were held in by silicon. since then, i'm pretty much not gonna buy a case that isn't for the most part all steel or aluminum. now..... preferrably aluminum, since it'd cut down on case weight (the one i have now is Steel, which is the ONLY thing i hate about it. once again, i don't regret buying it cause the LCD is gimmicky or anything like that..... just the weight. the case itself is pretty damn nice).

Anyway...... let's kinda end this discussion about LA and his fussing about me and my case, and get a bit more on topic (if you REALLY want to continue this, LA, jus PM me, and i may read/reply to it, and i may not...)

How "accurate" can a mouse possibly get? i mean..... yeah..... 2000 dpi..... wow..... that's a lot of dots in one square inch. but a) seriously, how much of a difference is there from say..... 1200-1500dpi, and 2000? and b) it's not like people can move their mouse a micron and notice any movement, unless their monitor is like...... the size of their wall maybe..... with a 5970x4800 resolution or some crazy thing like that. the smallest distance you can notice your mouse moving is a pixel at a time. honestly..... i think a slightly lower sensitivity would be more suitable for gaming. If it's not, then oh boy, let's tweak up the mouse sensitivity a bit. not like it's THAT much different from having an insane DPI. And yes, i KNOW Logitech has been keeping their mice comfortable and more technologically advanced than pretty much any other company out there..... but no matter what you say, i still don't see why they removed so many buttons from it just to have higher DPI. that also might not help out much with the battery life if you go the cordless route.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back