Logitech Mouseware and speed of mouse pointer moving...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by seba79, Aug 26, 2002.

1. seba79

seba79 Guest

I using mouseware 9.x in winxp (with various logitech mices), when I start any game (warcraft3, gta etc.) and close game (exit to windows) my mouse pointer is moving slower than before I have started the game, why ?
    with standard winxp mouse driver all is OK....

2. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

I recently discovered that mouse option in XP are quite the same as Logitech offers (speed, auto positioning of the cursor, and such).
    In the end, I don't use Logitech's drivers anymore with my Cordless Wheel Mouse from Logiteh.
    Do you really need extra options from Logitech ?

3. seba79

seba79 Guest

How do you add functions for extra buttons ?

4. Howling Wolf

Extra buttons ? The wheel you mean, acting as a 3rd button ?
    Logitech's extra functions miss me a little, but I wonder if I really need them...
    What version of mouseware are you using ? I think new ones have just been released. Try them !

5. seba79

seba79 Guest

4th button ? with winxp standard drivers is dead...

6. Howling Wolf

Only one choice remains, try updating to the newest Logitech's drivers, or contact them and tell afterwards.

7. natasrof1

natasrof1 Guest

Logitech mouse drivers

I've got a Logitech mouseman optical and I noticed that when I used the scroll wheel as a scroll wheel the pages would scroll extremely slow and my cpu usage would go up to 100% (Athlon-XP 1600+). I tried all the Logitech drivers I had in my inventory and nothing fixed the problem. I finally said screw it and did a format of XP pro and installed everything one at a time until the problem appeared again. It appeared after I installed invidia drivers for my TNT2 64 (Dont laugh, I know.) All versions of invidia drivers caused this problem. I just rolled my driver back to windows and it works fine. I don't do any gaming so I don't miss the benefits of the correct drivers, maybe this is your problem.