Logitech Mouse & Gel Pad

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by luish, Aug 22, 2004.

1. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

Hey!

i got this wired questiont that I don't know where to ask.
    I got a Logitech MX700 Mouse and I bought a 3M Precise with Gel Wrist Rest Pad you know.. those pads for mouse with gel for the wrist..

Now.. I Don't Know why but it is impossible to control the mouse with this.. is there a tweak or a setting i need to change so I can use this pad?

My Wrist real hurts... :rolleyes:

2. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

Can somebody think of a way of helping me ?
    My wrist really hurts!

:p

3. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

4. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I prefer understuffed beanbags with smooth beads. It seems a lot easier on my wrists than using a gel/foam pad with a definite shape.

5. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

6. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

I would suspect that the mouse cant read the surface it is on. If the mouse pad doesnt have any kind of texture or pattern to it the mouse electronic eye cant tell if its moving. Does the mouse work on another peice of cloth with a pattern to it... if so then I would say the problem is the mouse pad and not the mouse itself and there is no tweak for that only need to change the pad.

7. logisticprism

logisticprism Time Dr. Freeman?

i have a mx500, and it works on about any surface. it's really odd that your mx700 won't work on an actual mouse pad (that is made for being an ideal surface for mousing). first you should test the mx700 on a different surface. if that doesn't work, you should use another optical mouse on that pad to see if it works, if it doesn't then you know your problem (lol if it does work, you still know your problem).

8. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Try the C4 Ngen. They're (fairly) cheap, durable, come in a handsome coppery color, and they're the slickest mouse surface I've ever used. I even own a FuncSurface 1030, Ratpadz GS, and an Xtrac Pro. None of those compare. Yeah, the website is crappy, but this guy is a polymer chemist. What do you expect? :p