logitech keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by intimidator31, Jul 4, 2002.

1. ever since i installed xp pro after a few weeks while im typing or playing a game its like my shift key is being pressed every so often it doesnt do it in winme so id like to figure out whats causing it. its a cordless freedom optical and logitech has no answers as well.

also installed...
    logitech dual optical
    asus a7a266
    radeon 7200
  2. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

I am using the exact same Keyboard in XP, no problems, try downloading the new drivers
  3. im using the 1.83 drivers
  4. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

same here
  5. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

I don't know, did u do a upgarde installation or a clean install?

I looked everywhere for a solution, could not come up with anying, but reasd somewhere if your using the Logitech mouse in the USB port u might have problems, but don't think that is the solution.

also read somewhere that u shouldn't try to log in so fast when the welcome screen comes up, give it 30 seconds or so, so the drivers are loaded proper, I don't know about that one, but give it a shot, after all it can't hurt.

I'll keep looking off and on.......

good luck

6. thanx any help will be appreciated
  7. dijital

dijital Guest

got the same keyboard and no problems. maybe you have a sticky key. firmly tap both shift keys to loosen them up a little. i've found that to do the trick for me before.
  8. whats strange is it doesnt start doing this for few weeks after install and it varies when it does it and the fact it doesnt do it on windows ME makes me think its something in xp just not sure what