Logitech G11 keyboard media keys not working

i had the same problem .... i did all that guy sed but it still doesnt work, iam geussing HID is Human Interface Devices or something, that is on auto but it isnt started, went to start it Error 126 ...... -.- did that regedit thingy restartd and all still doesnt work....

some1 write a step by step thing for me

In the registry edit, what exactly did you put in for an expandable string value?

Welcome to OSNN, Jayger, hope you enjoy your stay!!!!!

Heeter

exactly what that hguy sed, i copy and pasted it in the value ....This morning my pc died so :'( WAAAAA

Jayger:

Instead of copying and pasting the value "%SystemRoot%\System32\hidserv.dll"

Copy and Paste this value:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hidserv.dll

I think that you might this works

Heeter

it works for me, but not at winamp, then only the mute and volume work....?

thanks for the code.. it work on my g15 keyboard.. i was just about ready to take it back to the store.. so helpful thanks

huh thanks a lot ppl after i have tryed evrey thing i was redy to pit this keyboard direct in trash but now is working thx again for helping ppl

By default, Winamp support for standard keyboard multimedia keys is not enabled. Follow the instructions below to enable this feature in Winamp.

1. Launch Winamp
  2. Select Options->Preferences...
  3. Select Global Hotkeys (on the left) and place a check in the box labeled Enabled
  4. Click the Close button.
Winamp should now be configured to support standard keyboard multimedia keys.

:)

i had the same problem .... i did all that guy sed but it still doesnt work, iam geussing HID is Human Interface Devices or something, that is on auto but it isnt started, went to start it Error 126 ...... -.- did that regedit thingy restartd and all still doesnt work....

some1 write a step by step thing for me

I had same problem with logitech wave and media keyboard elite when using with USB. I then found solution to that from other forum:

"to fix problem, extract “hidserv.dll” “, mouhid.sys” and “mouclass.sys”

from the file “drivers.cab”, located on the Windows XP Setup CD to "<SystemRoot>\windows\system32\".

1. Insert Windows XP Setup CD.
2. Browse to <CDROM drive letter>:\i386\drivers.cab
3. Double click the “drivers.cab” file. The compressed files in the “.cab” file will be listed.
4. Copy this three files “hidserv.dll” “, mouhid.sys” and “mouclass.sys” to “<SystemRoot>\windows\system32

\”. Reboot the computer."

Actually the reboot is not necessary. My wave's media keys started working immediately after those three files were placed on root.

I just want to say thanks bugsy :) just did what you said and my g11 works perfectly in winamp now =D cheers

hi all, new to the forum, and thought i'd post here cos i'm having an issue with my G11 keyboard also, the media keys work, but only when the program is in focus... i like listening to music while i browse the web, or playing games, etc. and i can't skip, play, pause etc. i use iTunes, if that's any help.

cheers guys!
Riggy

I can't get it working, anyone can help?

I used both advices on fix

%SystemRoot%\System32\hidserv.dll" and C:\WINDOWS\System32\hidserv.dll

Its not the problem in windows media player, i have volume modifier in my taskbar near the clock, at bottom right corner so I can't even mute the sound via keyboard. I can adjust the light of my keys however...

Installed the software from keyboard's cd.

Anyone can assist?? :(

This is the same keyboard I own, and its g-11 for me where I bought it
http://i.testfreaks.fr/images/products/600x400/119/logitech-g11-gaming-keyboard.71543.jpg

here is a fix for itunes. it's easy and ti workesm all i know that have used this have had suscces.

to fix this problem

1) go to the itunes folder

2) open it

3) make a new folde called Plug-Ins

4) downloade this file mmKeys.dll from

http://icecode.dk/itunes/mmKeys.dll
or http://notbedwell.com/forums/Attachments/mmKeys.dll

5) Place the file in the folder

6) restart itunes

this should work worked for me. hoped it was helpfull... :smoker:

Omg guys im not the smartest person ever and i dont have the smarts to figure out what was said by the original poster(heeter) to fix this problem and i cant figure out what to do. I have service pack 3 idk if that will work but the only probs im having is the media and mute just like u. plz help me an email would b best. I dont know what reg edit is and no longer have my windows xp installation cd so someone plz email or post how to do regedit thingy.

Last edited:
I tried the registry fix on this forum but still had no luck. After another 30 mins browsing I found this solution on the Microsoft support site.

?Go to Start, and type in “services.msc”.
?Scroll down to “Human Interface Device Access”. Right click, go to properties.
?Change the Startup Type to Automatic, and click the “Start” button. Press OK and close the services manager.
?Try using your volume or media controls. All fixed!

This worked first time for me and the keys are working fine now.

I tried the registry fix on this forum but still had no luck. After another 30 mins browsing I found this solution on the Microsoft support site.

?Go to Start, and type in “services.msc”.
?Scroll down to “Human Interface Device Access”. Right click, go to properties.
?Change the Startup Type to Automatic, and click the “Start” button. Press OK and close the services manager.
?Try using your volume or media controls. All fixed!

This worked first time for me and the keys are working fine now.

Wow this is what actually worked And thanks for your info!
Since i replaced windows xp with windows 7 it only worked for a couple of weeks then got that problem so thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back