Logitech Cordless/Bluetooth MX Duo

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by champ2005, Mar 29, 2004.

1. champ2005

champ2005 | xs |

Irrespective of price, which one would you prefer, a Logitech Cordless MX Duo, or the Logitech Cordless MX Duo for Bluetooth? Would the bluetooth one be more or less responsive/lag etc than the RF one?

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

No there's no difference in lag. The only difference is the the BT version gives you a BT station in case you get more BT stuff so you won't need to buy an adaptor.

The BT version might have problems being used before you get into Windows, not really sure. Some BT keyboards have problems with this.

3. champ2005

champ2005 | xs |

Nah ive thoroughly read all the pdf guides off the logitech website and it states that the bt station also has a ps/2 connector so you can access bios / windows safe mode.

4. Zedric

Ok, goodie. I knew some of Logitech's models had solved this, just not which ones. ;)

5. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

my RF version supports USB keyboard for BIOS settings, think the mobo has to support it though, and it tends not to work until its installed in windows, so keep the old ps2 keyboard plugged in until its all installed, and only use the drivers from the website, 2 many shutdown issues with cd release :(

6. Zedric

Yes, yes. The RF versions never had any problems. The BT version is quite different. I think that for instance MS BT keyboards can't be used in bios, since BT isn't activated until you get into Windows. People have had som problems installing Windows as you can imagine. ;)

7. champ2005

champ2005 | xs |

I could survive the XP install with only a basic PS/2 connection sans mouse, im fairly good at my kb shortcuts. I just have one more question,
    can you install more than one bluetooth 'stack' on one os? and completely off topic, could someone please enlighten me on what fubar stands for?

8. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

fubar stands for F****D Up Beyond All Recognition - about bluetooth I no not, but FUBAR I know ;)

9. champ2005

champ2005 | xs |

ah, it all makes sense now, thanks mfg :)
    the reason im asking about the bluetooth stacks is because ive heard that the logitech supplied one might not support all bt devices. Would ActiveSync (with a hp ipaq h5450) work using the logitech bt stack?

10. Zedric

I haven't heard about any incompatibility issues, but I'm not really on top of it so they might exist. :)

And if you can have more than one, I have nooo idea. Ask MS.