Login Screen Tutorial-question

S

ScottD

Heres the steps in the Tutorial here that I have a question about.

"1. Make a Directory for your Project

2. Fire up photoshop. Make a canvas size the same as your PC screen resolution - eg. 1152 x 864.

3. Grab a piece of paper and approx mark where you will have the buttons and logon icons.

4. Make your background, totally how you want it. The scale of your image should not be any bigger than Width 507pixels and Height 615pixels.

5. Save your image as the standard photoshop file = .psd into your Login Directory you made"

In number 2, what do you do with that canvas?

In number 4, what exactly does that mean? Is this in ref to bitmap 100 of LoginUI.exe when it says to make the image no bigger than 507x615?

In number 5, it says to save as a .PSD, what do you do with that .PSD file after its been saved? Don't all the images have to be in bitmap form?

I've made some Logins screens using this tutorial but could use some clarification on these steps of the tutorial. Thank you!

Login Screen Tutorial-Answer

Hey here are the answers for your questions.

#1. You make a directory just to make it easier to control your
pictures and file you use for your logon.

#2. The canvas is your backround.

#3. Is just so you know where to put them.

#4. The picture you put on youre canvas cant be bigger.

#5. This last one is a mistake, dont save your picture in the .psd
format because the ResHacker will not accept it so just save
them in .bmp. Its just easier.

I hope this answers youre questions if you have more please do ask.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TGM

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back