1 without
but I cant actually log on as Administrator
it doesnt show on logon screen
but if i hit Cntr/alt/del i get the old logon type box
I type in Administrator with no password coz i havnt set one
and it tells me there i cant logon because of account restrictions

Im not sure if it matters with home because I have admin rights
but i did have problems updating ECDC 5.0 when not logged in as pure Admin

and when i try to rename my logon name to Administrator it tells me that name already taken :(

and there is an Administrator folder in the users documents folder
as well as mine and one other
hope this makes sense
Help needed pls

Download powertoys from this site and use tweakui to enable the admin logon. it´s as easy as that.

XP has admin acc but in safe mode only
its cool u get used to it
its good cause this way the admin account is ure backup if any thing went wrong with ure main acc

:confused:Here's a silly question: How does some one get into safe mode? During the boot process it goes from the computer's boot process to the WinXP logo screen then to the logon screen.

after the boot process press F8 just like in 98 and choose the safe mode.
In XP Home though your admin rights account is the adnim account. You can do the same thing in it as you can in admin in safe mode. Yet its different in Pro.
Also if your doing this to gain access to the gpedit.msc file, its not in the Home version.

F8 does the trick

press F8 as soon as it finished checking IDE ports... (unless u have RAID) it will take u to (i think) 10 options... 2 are to do with safe mode...

To see the Administrator login box on Welcome screen you need to go into "user accounts" from control panel and select it to show admin on Welcome Screen.

MdSalih

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back