Log on name gone..

SuperModelRobot

OSNN Addict
my brother log on name is just gone. when i went into safe mode and went to run>control userpasswords2 and when the screen comes up, it just has the admin. same with User accounts..just admin, when we use the welcome screen, he isnt there, but when we dont use the screen, we can type his name in and he can log on. Since we are at this point, we would like to delete his account (even though we cant see it) and sart a new one with more privlages...can anyone help us out??

Try these and see if accounts come back.

Start > Run > regsvr32 jscript.dll

May need to do these as well:

Start > Run > regsvr32 nusrmgr.cpl

Start > Run > regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll

ok none of those worked, i need to just delete the account..how do i do that? i cant even see it??

right click on my computer and select manage, then drop down to local users and computers.

After you right click my computer and clicked manage it is in the left and panel

Attachments

• manage.JPG
    manage.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 90
well i think ill just delete the folder "tyler" under documents and settings...i need to get him a new one asap..i hope it doesnt mess stuff up...

Kermit_The_Frog said:
After you right click my computer and clicked manage it is in the left and panel

um, i cant see it on his and im in admin..see the pic..

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 77
XP Home Edition does not have the local users or group policy snap-in.

SuperModelRobot said:
my brother log on name is just gone. when i went into safe mode and went to run>control userpasswords2 and when the screen comes up, it just has the admin. same with User accounts..just admin, when we use the welcome screen, he isnt there, but when we dont use the screen, we can type his name in and he can log on.

If you do not use what screen you can log in under his name?

You said control userpasswords2 shows nothing as far as accounts so what about net users.

Start > Run > cmd > net users

I was asking what screen he was describing.

Why not just make another account with the same name and see if XP gives an error about already having an account with that name.

If you do not use what screen you can log in under his name?

Translated to english

Using which screen? allows for you to log on with his name

American Zombie said:
I was asking what screen he was describing.

Why not just make another account with the same name and see if XP gives an error about already having an account with that name.

Ok his name was gone...so in admin you dont see it under accounts or anything..in the documents and settings his name was there..i deleted it and tried to make a new account with the same name and i get an error saying there is one already...the welcome screen only shows admin, before i deleted his files, i would have to type his user name in...you get me..

What does or did typing net users from command prompt tell you?

You said that you went into safe mode and accounts were not there so I wonder if perhaps this KB Article applies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back