LocalService cant logon - access denied

B

Banger

Hi anyone know how to correct an "Access Denied" error for the Local Services ALerter, SSDP and Upnp. The logon is NT Authority\LocalService but they all refuse to start with the Access Denied error. I have another XP machine which hasnt got this problem but have checked all the gpedit.msc security settings and they are the same. I have admin priveleges and am at my wits end trying to solve this one. Can anyone help ?

I had the same problem on 2000 server , im a bit of a cowboy, but i made an user account on win2K server - called max with Admin rights

Then also made one on XP machines called max , then logged onto XP box with max account and all is fine :)

Thanks max, but the login I use to logon has admin rights and I still get the error :(

I don't know about alerter...

But you should DISABLE SSDP and UPnP...they serve no function currently and have vulnerabilities in them that can be exploited

I sorted it, the answer was to re-install a fresh copy of XP, bit of a pain but nevermind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back