'Live Anywhere' brings the Xbox and PC together!

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
From Engadget:
3:45 pm - "So what's the most dramatic thing we could do to take Live to the next level? " Connect users. Consider that there are 230 miilion Windows gamers and 1 billion game ready cellphones." Announces Live Anywhere, will be built into the Windows Vista.

3:46 pm - Live Anywhere will provide cross-platform possibilities. Just scratiching the surface of mobile gaming. "Start a game on Xbox, continue it on your phone. There are games that will work that way."

3:51 pm - Henson is starting game of Shadowrun on Xbox. He is automatically signed into Xbox Live; looks at friends list: can see friends on Xbox 360, mobile, and PC. "One gamertag no matter what the platform is ... of course I will be able to real time voice chat while we are playing cross-platform."

3:53 pm - Shadowrun demo: "Avenger" starts up Shadowrun and pulls up his friends list. He can see his friends connected to their mobile phones, computers, and so on. Avenger sends an invite to his friend "Major Nelson." Switch video feeds to Major Nelson. We see the invite pop up on Windows Vista, almost like an email notification popup. Major Nelson then compares profiles (insert slick, transparent UI here!) and decides to jump into Shadowrun with his buddy Avenger. Now get this: one of them's using the Xbox 360, one's using a Windows Vista PC. Finally, we will settle the ages-old debate about which control mechanism (mouse & keyboard or console controller) is superior for FPS control.

3:54 pm - Buy content once, available on all platofrms. Buy Zuma on Xbox 360 and have access to it on mobile phone -- one Marketplace. Gamercard integrated into mobile phone.

3:55 pm - New demo: From a Motorola cell phone, Avenger pulls up his friends list and notices that Major Nelson has sent him a message. In thise case, it's a car that's been sent from Major Nelson for use in Forza Motorsport. Avenger modifies the car with a Windows Vista application (applying an Xbox 360 logo to it). User-generated content for real -- but how will the company keep less clean content from showing up on the hoods of Forza Motorsport cars? "Racing on Xbox 360, editing on Windows Vista, and tweaking on the mobile phone."
http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/09/engadget-and-joystiqs-live-coverage-of-microsofts-xbox-360-e3-ev/

Damn! This is huge. Totally unprecedented stuff, and if executed properly, it'll be one hell of an experience. :D

Re: "Live Anywhere" - Xbox, PC, cellphone, all connected!

The Windows Live concept is awesome. What they are doing with it is absolutely amazing to me. The Windows Live start page is simply amazing (once they finish it and start adding more content... oh my). All of the betas and future products being announced are very impressive.

Re: "Live Anywhere" - Xbox, PC, cellphone, all connected!

Vista + DX10 + Live = teh awesomeness. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back