Lite-On 24X10X40

A

AmarSingh

Anybody using the Lite-On 24X10X40 burner? I've read good reviews, and Im planning on getting it. Any opinions?

not sure... i've been looking for a 24x as well lately, but more towards the LG model - based on vague memories of a review at tomshardware some months ago that compared the LG, Lite-on, Plextor, and one or two others...
the LG seemed to top most of the scores, if memory serves...

best to check it out again anyhow

hope this helps

d3c :D

Originally posted by AmarSingh
Anybody using the Lite-On 24X10X40 burner? I've read good reviews, and Im planning on getting it. Any opinions?

YEP!!!!!!!!! I got the lite-on 24x10x40 burner for x-mas (in november...lol). I like you, read the reviews, and yes it gets good reviews. And yes, I love it! It will burn a full 700mb cd in about 3.5 minutes! Smoooooooookin'!

-- inexpensive ($72 looking on www.pricewatch.com )
-- SPEED SPEED SPEED!!!!!!!!

Dislikes:

-- I cant keep buffer full....LOL stays at 1% which causes the burn to take longer, the nurn light flickers on and off. I use roxio software and cant adjust the buffer. With cdclone i tripled the default buffer and the light burns consistantly and buffer stays about 85-90%.

-- Mine came with Nero software, some love this program.. I dont! I use Roxio, this cd burner works nicely with roxio.

-- This burner is not hardware coded to automatically bypass some cd protections like plextors. But you pay alot more for a plextors and you can use CDClone software to bypass the cd protections.

All in All.... I am very happy with the performance of the lite-on 24x10x40 drive!

:D

yeah...price is a big issue...its only $140 cdn up here where the plextor is $279. I think ill pick up the Liteon tomorrow. thanks pc_tek

ps. I read in a review that this burner does acutally bypass some copy protections....sometimes copying the cd with the protection intact. Oh well, doenst really matter

****, i just got my Lite on CDRW 24X10X40, but XP can't fucking detect as a RW, just as a DVD/CD rom drive!!! help please!!!

my personal recommendation is not to use the xp built in software to burn disks. If you do... goto the xp update page and download the latest drivers cdrw drives.

i had the same problem as pkmonk and some one on here told me to do the following and it worked

Remove the "cd burning" update Q309691, or something like that, reboot then go to MS and get the update again...
(that is of course if you've got it alredy, if not the get it from windows update)

and it was from MiseryQ (just to give credit where due
:) )

hope this works for you to

i had that problem, i just reinstalled windows (cleain install) and it worked fine. I cant get it to burn quick, i leave smart burn enabled and it takes longer than 6 mins for a full cd. How do you people burn that quick with it. I tried using nero, clone cd. I set it for 24x with smart burn and the cd takes forver (around 7 mins ussually). I seem to burn quicker at 16x without the smart burn, but it sometimes give me buffer under run error.

i dont have update "Q309691", only Q309521, Q311889, Q315000, and Q313484. .... so confused now

Okay, maybe i don't have that update, but i just deleted all the updates, and ran windows update again and downloaded that patch... still don't seem to be able to write CD-Rs, also, how do you enable/disable RMA in the Bios?:confused:

Originally posted by xeonox
i had that problem, i just reinstalled windows (cleain install) and it worked fine. I cant get it to burn quick, i leave smart burn enabled and it takes longer than 6 mins for a full cd. How do you people burn that quick with it. I tried using nero, clone cd. I set it for 24x with smart burn and the cd takes forver (around 7 mins ussually). I seem to burn quicker at 16x without the smart burn, but it sometimes give me buffer under run error.

check the max speed rating for your blank cdr disks. I haven't burned any with a 24x max speed rating yet, only 16x. What type of burn are you doing? data, music, etc...

Music will take alittle onger because of the conversion process. With data cd's i am burning about 3.5 minutes for 700mb.

definately beats my old 2x that took 45 minutes to burn a 650mb disk.

the CD's say 16x but, but the programs let me choose up to 24x, i burn both data and music and they both take about 6 mins each

update your firmware here . The site loads slowly, so wait for the whole thing to load to see all of the updates. Correct me if im wrong, but i think that the newest update contains the older ones as well

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back