Linksys The Big Trade-In, G for Free with VOIP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by kcnychief, Jul 9, 2005.

1. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I don't know how long this has been out, but it expires July 23rd, I'm all over this like white on rice...

"Linksys, the global leader in wireless networking, is offering a unique trade-in program for wireless customers. Trade-in ANY wireless router for a Wireless-G Voice Over IP Router (WRTP54G) … and get two of the latest networking technologies at the same time!** Experience networking speed up to 5X faster than Wireless-B, and significantly cut your telephone costs by using high-quality, feature-rich telephone service from Vonage through your cable or DSL Internet connection. And the hardware costs you nothing!"

Full details here...
  2. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Minnesota, USA
    Too bad you need vonage.
  3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    Hardware does cost you something :)

Its free AFTER REBATES. And then there is a monthly fee for services plus early termination fees are applicable.

Fine print is a bizatch but reading it can save one lots of money :)

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Fort Worth, TX
    Somewhere in the fine print you will find where they say you have to sign up for VOIP for some minimum period.

They are offering free G w/VOIP around here. No trade in required. But you have to sign up for VOIP.

Similar deal to the free cell phone that is costing you $600 a year. The Madison Avenue ad exec. driving his porche around town loves you for it.
  5. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

The Netherlands
    And again, USA only :mad:
  6. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Damn it! Would have been nice. Its the same deal with the Linksys VoIP box. I thought I would buy it @ $25 but u need to subscrive for xx amount of days to get the rebate. Im gonna get it eventually, just not now!