Linksys The Big Trade-In, G for Free with VOIP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by kcnychief, Jul 9, 2005.

1. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I don't know how long this has been out, but it expires July 23rd, I'm all over this like white on rice...

"Linksys, the global leader in wireless networking, is offering a unique trade-in program for wireless customers. Trade-in ANY wireless router for a Wireless-G Voice Over IP Router (WRTP54G) … and get two of the latest networking technologies at the same time!** Experience networking speed up to 5X faster than Wireless-B, and significantly cut your telephone costs by using high-quality, feature-rich telephone service from Vonage through your cable or DSL Internet connection. And the hardware costs you nothing!"

Full details here...

http://www.linksys.com/tradein/

2. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Too bad you need vonage.

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Hardware does cost you something :)

Its free AFTER REBATES. And then there is a monthly fee for services plus early termination fees are applicable.

Fine print is a bizatch but reading it can save one lots of money :)

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Somewhere in the fine print you will find where they say you have to sign up for VOIP for some minimum period.

They are offering free G w/VOIP around here. No trade in required. But you have to sign up for VOIP.

Similar deal to the free cell phone that is costing you $600 a year. The Madison Avenue ad exec. driving his porche around town loves you for it.

5. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

And again, USA only :mad:

6. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Damn it! Would have been nice. Its the same deal with the Linksys VoIP box. I thought I would buy it @ $25 but u need to subscrive for xx amount of days to get the rebate. Im gonna get it eventually, just not now!