Linksys NIC

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by XPos, Aug 8, 2002.

1. XPos

XPos OSNN Addict

Ok I did a search and didn't find a solution to the problem I'm having.

Just put together a new PC. The first time I installed XP I was able to connect to the internet without installing any updated drivers. I installed Kazaa and didn't like all the spyware/adware programs invading my computer. Figured the best way to get rid of them was to do a fresh install of XP. XP acknowledges my NIC and shows that the device is working but I can't access the internet. I followed my ISP's instructions for setting up my TCP/IP connection and still no luck. Which driver am I suppose to use for the card? The floppy is version 5 driver disk.

Is the rumor true about XP expiring in a couple of years?

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

A better option would be to get updated drivers from the Linksys site.

3. XPos

XPos OSNN Addict

Ok got the updated drivers and it still won't connect. If XP can see the NIC and tells me that I'm connected. Its got to be the network configuration, right? I'm double checking my bios settings now. For internet surfing all I need is the TCP/IP protocols, what's this QOS thing?

4. qos thing is the thing that supposed to be taking 20% of your bandwith :). some microsoft crap. can be disabled somewhere, cant recall now.

5. XPos

XPos OSNN Addict

Thanks for the help. Simple sollution. Unplug everything and let the ip addresses refresh themselves. Now I can surf and stuff.

Thanks

Craig