Linksys BEFSR41 Router + FTP and IIS

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Heeter, May 19, 2003.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi Guys,

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 Router, with two computers connected to it. both computers see each others files and they connect to the internet. The problem happens when I try to forward a port (Port21) for my FTP server. I follow the instructions on the no-ip site and in the owners manual about disabling the DHCP. when I do that, i lose all connection to internet from both machines (Browswers, email). The FTP works great though. what can I do? the same hold true for my IIS(Port80). FTP doesn't work when DHCP is enabled. Thanks in advance.

Heeter

2. Heeter

Thanks Enyo,

I will try that right away. Will the IP on network be the one that the router assigned to it? i see a 192.168.1.105 on the ip under the LAN connection

Heeter

3. Heeter

Got it, working fine...

Where were you yesterday as I was pulling out my hair???LOL

I am happily bald now.... Thanks a lot for the help......

Heeter

4. Heeter

The IIS i am using is from the RC2 Beta Windows 2003 Server that I got from microsoft. Do you think that it is still needing patches? I just put it through windows update and it came up empty. But I will still install the Security analyzer and see what I need from there. I am bound and determined to setup my own webpage all by myself. Thanks so much for the help, Enyo

Heeter

5. Heeter

Yeah, Enyo.

It actually comes locked down, hehe, I am still trying to figure out how to get into it, it is sooo locked down. Guess MS heard that there was problems with the last ones. IIS is still going a great learning experience for me, cant wait to figure out how some of it works. I got somewhat of a page setup that I made with CUTESitebuilder, that i want to see if I can put it on the net myself. I got everything else installed (No-ip and port forwarding,etc...) I am doing a lot of reading on IIS since last night.

Heeter

6. Heeter

JEEEES, Enyo

You are just a wealth of info, my friend. I am happy you are here!!
    That is exactly the site I need to learn from. Thanks!!!

Heeter