Links in IE6 dont work

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by meisme, Feb 1, 2003.

1. meisme

meisme Guest

I've visited a few sites and realized that whenever I click on a link nothing happens (google, hp.com and a few other)

I also realize that I cant access my hotmail account, msn messenger tells me that I have new messages, whenever i click on my messages I get a blank page, wierd.

Any suggestions.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

See if this does anything>

when I go to a page and click on a link (only the type that opens a new window) It just hangs there! If I stop the loading, and hit refresh, It loads up! I have Win Xp home, latest service pack etc

guinnessny replies
    To fix your Hyper_link Problem just replace your ie.inf file from your system with the one form the Windows XP CD.

3. meisme

meisme Guest

I just did a search of my mard drive and there is no ie.inf file.

4. Hipster Doofus

Redefine the search to look for hidden files. I found mine in the windows directory.

5. meisme

meisme Guest

I found the file in my system folder but I cant find it on my win xp cd, I think its because i have the windows xp upgrade cd.

6. Hipster Doofus

Nope I couldn't find it either. You could send guinnessny a pm or wait till he's online again to ask where it is.

7. meisme

meisme Guest

I seem to have solved my problem. I right clicked the ie.inf file located in the windows directory, theres an install option. It then copies a few files from my xp cd and thats it.

8. Hipster Doofus

Good stuff. Must take note of that one. :)