Lindows: Good Or Bad

I have used Linux for many years now, and am happily dual booting XP with Mandrake 9.0. When Lindows offered itself to me, I thought that this would be the ideal situation (windows/linux!?!) but boy.........was I pi**ed off! It is a bitc* to install, runs like a slug and allows so few applications to run on it (linux and windows) that it made itself redundant before I had even started!!!

Ohhhhhhh....another coffee mat

TOK:mad: :mad: :mad: :p :p :p

The choice I wanted wasn't offered. Absolute garbage, terrible, can't believe it's offered.

Windows > *

I tried Lindows once....uninstalled it about 2 hrs later. Seemed alright but XP Rules in my books :D

Haven't had the chance to try it yet personally, haven't heard much good about it tho.

the idea behind Lindows is kinda like the idea behind the elcamino. not quite a car, not quite a truck, but the worst of both worlds...........
stick with a REAL linux distro or windows. lets not mix fire and water.

thats my $0.02 worth

Ok thanks for the opinions, sorry Speedy B, I posted in the wrong forum, and I think after hearing all these opinions, I will stay with XP Pro !

I have been using slackware linux, and I had used Debian/GNU.. I heard Lindows OS 2.0 was based off of the Debian flavor, and I needed a good OS for Linux games, and some win32 compatibility.. Well.. let's just say that Lindows OS got all up and all over my wang, and I hate it.. and the whole Click-N-Run subscription thing sucks too.. I wouldn't pay a penny for such a lame OS from such a lame company.. And now Walmart is selling Lindows OS PCs?!?! That is a load of crap. I can do more with a freaking macitosh from like 1987 for crying outload. The only thing I have in favor of Lindows is that it is nice to learn some of the very bare basics of linux.. I am back on Mandrake 8.2 for now though... So much for "Lindows."

I tried the latest version of lindows. It ran very well on my Duron 900 system (didn't dare put it on the real puter!). I didn't see anything obviously wrong with it, but it just didn't feel right. I guess it was because I am more used to Suse and Red Hat. If you are a beginner and want to buy one of those walmart PCs, I suggest maybe Mandrake or lycoris instead. If you have a good system that you want to put linux on, definately get something better than Lindows. Lindows is an excellent idea. Kinda like a gateway drug that moves you on to a better distro. :) Maybe future versions will be better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back