Limited account - not so limited????

T

tyson_oleary

Hey XPeoples!

just made a new limited account as i was havin internet probs wif da Guest account, and i came across a problem....

when i logged in to the limited account for a test, i can see into my account (admin) and i have important shit in there and i need to make it so limited account has no access to my shit....

thanks guys!!! really appreciate all the help u guys give me!!!

This sounds like a Windows 2000 problem more than an XP issue. But since they are based on the same kernel, you might be having the same problem. In order to fix your issue, login to your computer as the admin. Go to:

1. C:\Documents And Settings

2. Right click on your directory

3. Click Properties.

4. Switch to the "Sharing" tab

4. Check the box that says "Make This Folder Private"

That will do it. My advice is that if you are going to use your XP machine as a workstation, revert back to the Windows 2000 settings so that you can have more control over what users can and can not do with your machine.

I am having the same problem... however, I am unable to click that tab!!!! Can anyone think of a reason why I am not able to click it? (I am running Fat32)

Thanks.

Steve

If I reinstall (clean) can I change over to NTFS without having to worry about conflicts? I am not running any other OSs on this computer nor networking.

Thanks,

Steve

If you are running FAT32, you can convert to NTFS without a reinstall. Simply open a command prompt and type:

convert c:/fs:ntfs

Then reboot.

It will convert it and you'll be all set.

reg

iam studying the CCNA at my local college,
how did you find the 1st semester , because iam finding it a bit hard to take all that info in
do you recomend any good books to help me with my studys?

Ok, I have converted successfully.... HOWEVER, I still am not able to check that box off!!!!!

Any ideas / suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back