lightscribe?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by failurbydesign, Nov 24, 2006.

1. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

So is it worth upgrading too? And since my case is an emachine, i have an extra drive to take off the faceplate..are those easy to change out?

2. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

I got a Samsung DL DVD-RW with Lightscribe for under $40. Fast and cheap are a great combination. The face plates should just snap on and off, easy as pie.

3. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

with the lightscribe, do you ever need to fill or replace parts, or does the lightscribe part always work?

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

lightscribe is an option u can set b4 the burn, or using 3rd party aps at any time. u dont need lightscribe media unless you want to burn an image on the cd/dvd

burn, flip the cd, burn the image. for the extra 10% its well worth it. i dont use it much at all, but it is there is i need it.

5. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

media costs more than just buying cd labels and printing/sticking them.

6. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

i have it on my laptop, just haven't used it yet.

7. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Works ok if you don't mind monochrome labels. The big advantage is that since the label is part of the media there is no risk of it degrading the disk and causing catastophic failure like the stick on labels can.

Catastophic failure = the label bubbles or is not applied evenly causing the disk to spin out of balance. Unbalanced disks spinning at very high RPM can disintegrate inside the drive trashing the drive (or entertainment center). This does not happen often but it only takes once. Check glued on labels periodically for signs of bubbling.