Lifetime Ban from competition for steriod use?

Does use of performance enhancing drugs warrant a lifetime ban from World Events?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Ban them, but not indefinitely

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Erbmaster

OSNN Veteran Addict
Having watched this news story on the television earlier ( Chambers gives selectors headache ) and having read this ( Baseball Truth Poll ) thread as I logged on today got me to thinking..

Given the way the UKA (relevant to Dwain Chambers only not baseball :laugh: ) has it's hands tied by international legislation, the mixed public opinions, and the perceived gain from using these drugs:
Do you think that proven usage of performance enhancing drugs warrants a lifetime ban from World events such as the Olympic Games etc.

For my two penn'orth I'd say yes it does.
Provide a scary enough deterrent, and people will be less inclined to try and get away with using them.
In the case of steroid usage for muscle gain, surely even after they've stopped using the drugs, the muscle mass they gained is still usable is it not?

I feel if you intend to represent your country in any sport, you need to be clean, retroactively too.
The whole process of fair competition and ergo the whole point of competition is undermined by unfair advantage.

So, am I too harsh with this? Or do others feel that sportsmen/women should be able to compete internationally with a proven history of performance enhancing drug usage? :)

Last edited:
Re: Lifetime Ban?

Should proven usage of performance enhancing drugs warrant a lifetime ban from World?

bit harsh that isnt it, ban them from sports by all means, but ban them from the planet!!! :D

Should proven usage of performance enhancing drugs warrant a lifetime ban from World?

bit harsh that isnt it, ban them from sports by all means, but ban them from the planet!!! :D

hahaha :D...cheers, I hadn't noticed I'd exceeded the Question length :speechless:
I'll need to amend to something including the word 'event' :laugh:

Should proven use of game enhancing drugs get a lifetime ban from World Sports?

might fit

Ahh crap, I can't change it :cry:

If anyone with permissions can amend please do.

Something like

Does use of performance enhancing drugs warrant a lifetime ban from World Events?

should fit. Thankies in advance ;)

Just saw your last post Carpo. That'd do nicely too :D

maybe a nice mod could change it for you :)

Yes they should be banned for life cause they cheated, if they were worthy of being world class athletes they'd have gotten their on their own merit. They must know themselves that their not good enough or else why would they feel the need to take something to boost their perfomance?

performance enhancing drugs improve your performance forever and you should be forever banned from competing with people you have illegally gained an advantage

Ahh crap, I can't change it :cry:

If anyone with permissions can amend please do.

Something like

should fit. Thankies in advance ;)

Just saw your last post Carpo. That'd do nicely too :D

Done. Hey, I'm nice... now pay me! :p

And yes a ban for life. Plus stripped of all titles and records.

i better edit my post, i said a nice op might do it, not gonaads :D

performance enhancing drugs improve your performance forever and you should be forever banned from competing with people you have illegally gained an advantage
Good point perris, it's a kick in the teeth to those athletes who've worked their arses off.

Cheating in major sports should have a one-strike-you're-out policy. There are thousands of athletes that would never dream of cheating that shouldn't be pushed to the back while the cheaters get a second chance.

Done. Hey, I'm nice... now pay me! :p

Thanks gonaads :D..as for payment...
Weeeeell I did have cookies, but left the lid off the jar, and people have been running amok with them. :lick:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back