Lexmark - Crazy or What!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Capricorn, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

I can buy a Lexmark printer for £25. However, if I buy one black and one colour cartridge for it, the cost would be almost £50. Anyone buying a printer really should take great care, and find out the cost of cartridges, before making the purchase.

I am pleased to say I am still running my Epson 460, and can get cartridges for next to nothing. I have just ordered 2 Black cartidges for the total sum of £5.49!

2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

LOL I agree I see cartridges for my epson stylus on E Bay for like 2$ 3$ ... before buying a printer people need to look for cheap ink cartridges first.

3. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

which is why i always recommend epson printers :D

the prices some of these HP, Lexmark and Olivetti cartridges are sold for is just robbery :/

4. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

hehe i use refill kits messy, but cheap:)

5. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

i tried using one of them once... got ink EVERYWHERE :mad:

keeping to the compatibles for epson nowadays - sometimes as cheap as £2.50 each \o/

6. rettahc

rettahc Guest

I recently bought a new printer(epson) as it was cheaper than buying a new black and color ink catrige for my old HP:eek:
    now I can get ink alot cheaper:happy:

7. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

I was speaking to a cartridge supplier today, and she said she always recommends either the Epson or the Canon printers because of the availability of cheaper cartridges.

8. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

its the razor blade theory sure the razor costs 99cent but the package of blades cost 12 bucks :eek: