legal problem?

my carpayment is $355.78 a month, and insur. full coverage is $158 a month.. sucks, i will never buy a new car again pay so much more in the long run.

LordOfLA said:
The reason car insurance is higher in the UK is because you're not insuring the value of your car, you are insuring the value of what you might hit (or get hit by).
Enzo Ferrari anyone?:laugh:

Ya know? There are some things concerning the electoral system in the UK, that hearing from some people who live there, I have thought was a good idea. How they work out car insurance payments is not one of them... So, if someone buys a $60,000 car, everyone has to insure against it regardless of what they own or could afford to own :( No wonder they have a mess on their hands...

BTW, my car payment is about $220 a month, but the credit union I have the car loan out with wants full collision and comprehensive on the car (not just the base which is legally required). I also added rental car insurance (can be a real issue when one's car is in the shop and one needs wheels till it's fixed)...

I should put insurence on my next go kart :p

I prob should insure my dirtbike since legally it is suppose to be :|

my insurance costs me £112/$204 a month because i'm only 19 and drive a 1.9 turbo :eek:

A good example of this seemingly insurance madness is that about three years ago I had a car stolen. It was an old car but I loved it (Ford Granada Chia 2.7 litre V4 automatic) the value was negligible. My Insurance broker was informed and he said do you wish to make a claim? I said why not, he said because your premium will go from £350 per year to £1200 per year. I have been driving for nearly forty years and never made a claim, I live in the centre of London. Of course I could have taken out (and have now) cover for my no-claims bonus protection but this only protects you for the first year and not the second or third.

Even worse when I enquired this year what the cost would be to include my son who is a 24 year old student at Sheffield University, on the car I now drive (a 1300cc manual) came the reply, “well the best quote we could obtain was £1400 in addition to your normal premium. I thought he was joking but on checking he was not. That’s nearly £1800 just to get him as a named driver on my own insurance. This is madness!

I was advised that it was in fact cheaper to by a new (small) car from Ford in which you get the first years insurance free, then change it for another car the next year until the costs evened out.

:mad:

Henyman said:
my insurance costs me £112/$204 a month because i'm only 19 and drive a 1.9 turbo :eek:

1.9L? Want to mow my lawn :p

As far as requiring full coverage on a car that has a loan, that is normal, the investment broker needs to know that if your car is destroyed somehow they will receive payment. That is standard, but it doesn't always work out that way. If you buy a $25,000 car for example, you own it for a year, say it gets stolen or totalled, yet you have only paid off $5,000, the insurance company will only give you the blue book value which may be $15,000. So you still owe $5,000 on the loan eventhough you are fully covered.

Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind full comprehensive/collission when there's a lean holder on the policy. Actually all things considered, my rates aren't that bad. Albeit yes I'm a college student.

What these people are getting in the UK... I feel sorry for you guys. :eek: Car stolen, and your insurance rates can almost triple? So much for holding the criminal accountable for his crime. This seems more like insult to injury, as the person who was robbed (by the car theif) then gets gouged by insurance...

My family is in the insurance business and here, at least, I do not think you can be penalized under normal circumstances for one claim, if you make more than one though, your rates will probably increase. Of course, this all depends on the policy you sign. Personally if I were Dave Holbon, I would switch companies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back