LeadTek Geforce 4 Prob

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DragonHeart, Feb 26, 2002.

1. DragonHeart

DragonHeart OSNN Addict

Hi PPL,

Hope someone can help as leadteks site is usless, i have recently installed a GF4 MX (Winfast A170) it seems to work ok but when i go into properties and click advanced then display on the GF 4 tab i get the following mess
    - Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close, when i click on further info it states Error signature
    AppName :rundll32.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.0 Mod Name :nvcpl.dll

I have tried reinstalling the drivers etc but error still happens, also on the installation cd it had under utilities AGP update for Win Xp ?? but i cant find any info what this does and which one to use if any. It gives u a choice of a ALI chipset or a Via Chipset, how do i know which one i have/need ??

Anyway hope someone help thier can help as ur my last hope before i go insane lol

Many thx :)

2. Zorensen

Zorensen Guest

hmmm....

Have you ever condisidered tryin' the Pack that nVIDIA releases? :)

Maybe you should try searching for new drivers at your manufactors homepage? :)

Ping From Zorensen

3. DragonHeart

DragonHeart OSNN Addict

Tried it

Hi,

Thx for the reply tried those didnt work at all, also upgraded drivers from leadtek still no joy

4. LightWave

LightWave OSNN Addict

Hmmz

If you can figure out what kinda chipset you have .. i suggest you install the latest chipset drivers for you motherboard..

the most common chipset these days is VIA . Now if you have a via chipset install the latest 4 IN 1 DRIVERS (4in1 4.37v(a)

You can find VIA chipset drivers here :

VIA

Also Install the latest 3D card driver for your G-force card

You can download the Detonator XP Version: 23.11
    drivers here :

Detonator XP Driver 23.11

Also Remember to update your Windows with the latest security updates etc!

Also remember to update your bios !!!

LightWave

5. DragonHeart

DragonHeart OSNN Addict

Sorted :)

Thx guys for ur help, i tryed everything u said and the 27.51 leaked drivers sorted out all my problems :)