lcd monitor problem

golf pro

OSNN Newbie
I have a KDS rad9 lcd monitor with a NVIDIA geforce 4800 graphics card on a windows xp operating system. When I try to play EA games battlefield 1942 and some other games the screen goes black or the image flickers and it garbled. I was told that LCD monitors do not make good gamming monitors because they cannot keep up. Is this true? thanks for any help!:disappointed:

never heard that, i has a norwood micro 19 inch and it runs perfect, sounds more like a video card problem, or your refresh rate is to high

I think it's to do with the refresh rate or resolution at you set the GFX card to.

thanks guys. I did set the refresh rate to 60 hertz but that did not help. I lowered the resolution on one game to 800x600 and that helped at first but after playing for about ten minutes the problem returned.:dead:

is the game artifacting (patches in game)
could be stress from the game on the card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back