Launch Of Tablet Pc

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MUSTANGPC, Nov 8, 2002.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    "Costing between $3,200 and $4,999, the machines are priced at the high end of the notebook market."

Well at that price I'll have two. :D Still reckon they won't be as good as they are cracked up to be.
  3. Kaplunk

Kaplunk Guest

Hmm saw an interview with Bill on NBC today or whatever it is at 2 in the morning here :) the american morning news with katie on it anyway. and bill was saying its only about $2000US so thats about $4000 here which isnt that bad, and its very cool the way you can flip the screen around.

Hi Guys - with the introduction of Tablet PCs, it will bring the price of notebooks to an affordable level, don't you think?:D
  5. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Laptops without keyboards...hmmmm.......Why?
  6. Daedalus

Daedalus Guest

has anyone tried to use a PocketPC? Handwriting recognition still has a long way to go before I part with cash for a tabletPC, just spent £900 on a laptop for uni so i'm happy 4 now.
  7. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I like my keyboard. ::rant mode ON :::

I think I type faster then I write. Plus; have you ever tried writing on a palm PDA? The screen isn't paper! There is no friction there! Ew!

A laptop is so much cooler. Rotating display! Bah! Screw that!
    A laptop has all these cool addons; you can get various drives; and so much more raw power then these tablets have.

I really dont see the point to these so called " Tablet PC's "