Latitude D-420/620 and 820 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New latitude D-420/620 and 820, precision m90

Managed to get online, using my vista laptop and the security is going mental with the security, certificate is out of date and I am getting ready to throw my laptop out of the window.

Yup thats the 620, my mobile phone is also dying - nokia 8800 -- cost a damn fortune but won't stay switched on. Not bad pics tho when I finally managed to send em out.

Was also gonna do a pic of the bottom of the unit where it said prototype, but it had a windows serial there and didn't want the hassle.

Cool info and pics, very nice material all around. Pretty sweet they can add such a pimp daddy video card, and at the same time maintain decent battery life and reasonably low weight.

A few things that Saz didn't mention... the higher end cards could well contain NVIDIA cards not ATI cards now.

Has a biometric scanner, tho Saz may have mentioned it, bluetooth of course.

Underneath the battery is where you place the sim card for the 3.5g connection.

It now feels more robust than the 600 or 610 and has a lip around the edge of the monitor to secure it more when the lid is closed.
Touchpad was pretty nice and also the thumbpad now has a new design as you may be able to see from the image.

Docking station should still be compatible and is being stardardised.
X1 is being dropped as is the 410, 420 will come later in the year and will also now have the standard docking format.

What else, what else... should be available mid april, announced tomorrow.

Wow Biometric scanner, fooqin sick! :smoker:

Are we going to get Dell Official product information and photos tomorrow as well?

No idea, its a webcase at 2pm GMT, no idea what will be mentioned, although I was told that the 420 will not be released at the same time.

Any information on the price range(s) of these products?

That's it, your in trouble now Mr! :ninja:

EDIT: 39 guests now viewing this page :D

EDIT 2: I'm such a copycat Linky

Last edited:

Muahahhaa, I kick ass :cool:

New xps 20" notebook should be debuted in the next coupla months too. :cool:

Sazar said:
New xps 20" notebook should be debuted in the next coupla months too. :cool:
That would be sooo sweet :smoker:

20"s!!!!
holy smokes....
How heavy is that?

It's an all inclusive setup, inclusing 20" widescreen display, detachable keyboard and all that jazz. It closes and the clasp acts as a handle.

Look for a weight (due to the clasp being so heavy duty and the system just being ridiculously massive) of upto 20lbs :cool:

Man you can lift weights with that :D

Saz - will pricing be available tomorrow too?

Wow! Im thrilled! My college allows me $2500 for a Dell D810 (the most current setup until this is released), they dont let you configure them yourself, but they try to get the best tech for $2500 in the D8#0 lineup.. I was hoping they were release the new lineup before they ordered them, and they dont order until mid-April at the earliest! Awesome! I hope they have a better GPU as well, the X600 128mb just isn't all that great.. Are they goign to be Core Duo? I wouldn't mind that one bit!

Nice stuff guys :)

Also saw the M90 and M65 this week, so so - I am also more interested in getting a 420 when they are released, will skip the 620 and try to take one of the two high end 610s that will become available, so I can get my glass in Vista :)

Also saw the XPS 2010 that Sazar mentioned had a quick play. 20" screen si obscene, but I don't like the "laptop" at all to be honest. It was just a prototype tho so I am sure it could be improved.

Hey, it wasnt announced as rumored! What the deal Saz......!?

As long as it is after April for launch I am happy! Especially with the possiblity of Nvidia as the GPU provider! However I think that is a slim chance...

Thanks for all the info! I was about to buy a computer but I think I'll wait until this round comes out.

Will the D420 have a built-in optical drive, or will it be in the D/dock or D/bay like the current D410?

The 420 does not have a built-in optical drive. It will still have the same d-bay that the X-1 comes with.

Physically they are almost the same except for the shell material. Primary differences will be procs and video and some additional features.

Welcome to OSNN :)

Electronic Punk said:
Also saw the M90 and M65 this week, so so - I am also more interested in getting a 420 when they are released, will skip the 620 and try to take one of the two high end 610s that will become available, so I can get my glass in Vista :)

Also saw the XPS 2010 that Sazar mentioned had a quick play. 20" screen si obscene, but I don't like the "laptop" at all to be honest. It was just a prototype tho so I am sure it could be improved.

It's not really a "laptop", its more a mobile desktop with a ginormous screen.

I mean seriously, its friggin 17-20 lbs, final. That's some serious weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back