Latest AVG Update appears OK.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Capricorn, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

AVG appears to have sorted the problems with their updates. The latest one does require a restart, but hasn't locked up my computer.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Thanx for that Capricorn. Now all I have to do is reinstall AVG. :eek:
    Is it OK when you open windows explorer & right click on a drive? The bad update gave me problems there also.

3. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

Sorry Hipster Doofus that I never answered you sooner, I wasn't able to connect to the ex-perience site yesterday. The latest updates to AVG haven't caused me any problems.

Nothing to do with the AVG problems, but I wondered if you are using a firewall. I have started using Kerio, which is free. I have run several checks with it, and it protected my computer fine, just a thought. Best Wishes

We have just had a visit from my Sister in Law that lives in Melbourne, she was lucky enough to have lovely weather whilst she was here, she is back in Melbourne now, and no doubt experiencing lovely weather as you come into summer.

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Just got around to installing AVG again today.
    I stopped using a firewall (zonealarm) the other day. I'm on dialup & the puter is never left unattended.
    Oh & don't get me started about the weather. One beautiful day & now back to winter. Good ol Melbourne. It is the world's most livable city you know. Well it tied first with some place I've never heard of in Canada. :D