Laptop

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
Getting error message from BB link about cookies. Even when I turn off all protection. Can you just post the model number?

i looked through bestbuy's site and judging by the price, he must mean this one:

Medion MD-41017 Notebook w/ Athlon XP-M 2200+

never heard of Medion, so i can't say anything about reliability or customer service, but the laptop looks good on paper. decent specs. it'll do internet and word processing with the best of em, that's for sure. but that's not saying a lot.

yep taurus that's the one...the reason I think he should do it is because if he gets the service plan with it no matter what goes wrong he gets it fixed for free for like 2 or 3 years...I know the more hard core comp users would shy away but really he won't be using it for much and I think he would be making a good decision...thanks for the replies...keep em coming

The 3 year service plan is a good idea. Especially with an inexpensive laptop. A while back I think they even had a theft/damage coverage on the plan. Check on that it's been a while.

The only weak spot on the laptop is the RAM at 256 meg. He might consider 384 (512 would be overkill for his use). But feature wise it looks good as is. And since Best Buy is everywhere replacement/repair is convenient.

As for the brand I think I looked at them 3 years ago when I was thinking about a laptop and they're still around.

PS Taurus, how are you putting the picture links into the posts.

i agree, 256mb will put more work into the laptop's slow harddrive with virtual memory. 384mb or even 512mb would be a good amount, but i suggest you do the upgrade yourself. it will be a lot cheaper. it's just a matter of opening a small door probably on the bottom and installing a SODIMM stick.

Originally posted by LeeJend
PS Taurus, how are you putting the picture links into the posts.
just like a normal link with an tag inside it with the link text. here's the code in that post:

{URL=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1067389620911&skuId=6184023&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01174}{b}Medion MD-41017 Notebook w/ Athlon XP-M 2200+{/b}
{IMG}[url]http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/6184/6184023_ra.jpg[/url]{/IMG}{/URL}

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back