Laptop or Desktop?

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by B~B, Jun 11, 2002.

1. B~B

B~B Guest

Which do you guys prefer?

It seems that laptops are catching up in their performance abilities. Their only drawbacks to me are expansion options.

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

But, portability is nice if you need it.
    Still, I like a good desktop. It is more versatile with what you can do.

3. i think that unless u do a lot of moving around u dont need the laptop. but if u on a move a lot of time so it would be great for you.

4. how about that new cooling system? that uses water instead of fans? they say that works great although cost lots of $$$$

5. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

ha....this is simple...your first computor has to be a laptop...this way, you get to do whatever you want, wherever you want...then, when you've learned enough, or the lap doesn't store enough, or you just want the new tech, that's when you buy a desktop...you download your laps stuff into the desk, reformatt, bam...brand new laptop

now, as far as cpu speed, and heat and all that, again, pretty simple, the cpu's clock down when they're on batteries, and give full cycles on ac...so they can get as fast as they want, and just clock down to 5, or 6 hindred on batteries.

6. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

If laptops weren't so exensive and could be upgraded I would opt for getting one. I enjoy a desktop though only cause of its versatility. If the company I was working for decided they wanted to get me one, I wouldn't be shy and not take it just cause they can be useful on trips.. But the plain and simple fact is that they are not for power users or the game savvy that crunch out mad hours staring blankly into their monitors... It just wouldn't be able to handle me :)

7. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

desktop

more fun modding the hell out of your tower than tryin it on a laptop.......

kinda want a laptop tho....just to have:)

8. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

My thoughts exactly [CpK]Bastid. :D Give me a dremel and a six pack and we will mod that laptop anyway.

9. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I'd like having both ..:D

10. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

after a six pack dont think i'd call it modding...:)

destruction more like:)