Laptop or Desktop?

B

B~B

Which do you guys prefer?

It seems that laptops are catching up in their performance abilities. Their only drawbacks to me are expansion options.

But, portability is nice if you need it.
Still, I like a good desktop. It is more versatile with what you can do.

i think that unless u do a lot of moving around u dont need the laptop. but if u on a move a lot of time so it would be great for you.

Originally posted by catch23
...I don't believe Laptops are catching up...they can't go much further with processors unless chip makers start producing chips that put out less heat.

how about that new cooling system? that uses water instead of fans? they say that works great although cost lots of $$$$

ha....this is simple...your first computor has to be a laptop...this way, you get to do whatever you want, wherever you want...then, when you've learned enough, or the lap doesn't store enough, or you just want the new tech, that's when you buy a desktop...you download your laps stuff into the desk, reformatt, bam...brand new laptop

now, as far as cpu speed, and heat and all that, again, pretty simple, the cpu's clock down when they're on batteries, and give full cycles on ac...so they can get as fast as they want, and just clock down to 5, or 6 hindred on batteries.

If laptops weren't so exensive and could be upgraded I would opt for getting one. I enjoy a desktop though only cause of its versatility. If the company I was working for decided they wanted to get me one, I wouldn't be shy and not take it just cause they can be useful on trips.. But the plain and simple fact is that they are not for power users or the game savvy that crunch out mad hours staring blankly into their monitors... It just wouldn't be able to handle me :)

desktop

more fun modding the hell out of your tower than tryin it on a laptop.......

kinda want a laptop tho....just to have:)

My thoughts exactly [CpK]Bastid. :D Give me a dremel and a six pack and we will mod that laptop anyway.

Originally posted by xsivforce
My thoughts exactly [CpK]Bastid. :D Give me a dremel and a six pack and we will mod that laptop anyway.

after a six pack dont think i'd call it modding...:)

destruction more like:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back