Laptop is slow!

ehh.... ya... I get it...
anyway... Umm it seems Acer seems to be the general consences with problems. Actually, most laptops seem to have problems lately...

I had to go to a LAN party the other day with my HP Pavilion Special Edition L2005cu laptop and it ended up not working. This would be the 2nd issue the laptop has had in less than a month's time... The first was the fan. This time, it seems to either be the system board or the power converter. Either way, the power is not flowing correctly.

My friend let me borrow his Acer laptop (I can't tell you what Acer laptop it was but I can say that it had an X700 Radeon in it with 64MB memory) to the LAN party and noticed I couldn't play F.E.A.R. on multiplayer for too long without the screen just... blacking out and still working though. Just can't see how to exit so I'd be dead in the water and sometimes end up force rebooting since I couldn't figure out where the mouse was.

well i just called acer to check the status, and the guy told me they changed the hard drive and motherboard and reformatted and its back on its way (which i told them in the first place not to do, but i did move my stuff to fishboy's pc because i knew this would happen) and they tested it for 3 days, and didnt have problems they said, so im guessing they replaced the motherboard from the begining which im happy with i bet thats the problem, i really do hope it was that. i might try windows x64 to see how much i like it.

zapoqx said:
ehh.... ya... I get it...
anyway... Umm it seems Acer seems to be the general consences with problems. Actually, most laptops seem to have problems lately...

I had to go to a LAN party the other day with my HP Pavilion Special Edition L2005cu laptop and it ended up not working. This would be the 2nd issue the laptop has had in less than a month's time... The first was the fan. This time, it seems to either be the system board or the power converter. Either way, the power is not flowing correctly.

My friend let me borrow his Acer laptop (I can't tell you what Acer laptop it was but I can say that it had an X700 Radeon in it with 64MB memory) to the LAN party and noticed I couldn't play F.E.A.R. on multiplayer for too long without the screen just... blacking out and still working though. Just can't see how to exit so I'd be dead in the water and sometimes end up force rebooting since I couldn't figure out where the mouse was.

I believe my friend's laptop is a Pavillion and he is getting annoyed withthe adapter plug on the computer side. The connection is iffy, so it doesnt always stay connected. He sent it in under warrenty, they fixed something, sent him a new adapter as well BUT a month or two later it started up again. The whole design around this port is idiotic, it's sorta in a "tunnel" (I guess thats how if can be described) so that doesn't help alot.

wow, they might have lost my laptop! well if they did, im ganna want a check or something, of monetary value cuz i might wanna get the travelmate 8200

Admiral Michael said:
Have u tried talking to someone higher up on tech support? Threaten em by saying you will no longer endorse the product.

They don't care. Ever.

did many times, and its true, they dont, they act like they do

ok got it back yesterday, its fixed now, wow they were idiots just like i said, ohh well it costed them money to send it 3 times back and forth as well as two new hdds, and now they replaced the hdd again and a new mobo, hehe kinda pays off for buying the extended warranty, and now im running x64, so far so good, the hdd light doesnt go buzerk anymore and the system doesnt lock up or chop up playing mp3's now im ganna look into getting more ram

GOD DAMN THEY DONT KNOW **** ABOUT FIXING COMPUTERS! my laptop all of a sudden is slow as a turtle, it literally takes 20 mins to boot, and is so damn slow even the windows login sound comes out stutterd for like 15 seconds, they better just give me a new laptop when i call tommow, not in the mood for bs at all!

Wow, one day short of a month!

Do you know if you can get a second extended warrenty? My 2yr extension is over is Sept. I wanna get another extended warrenty if I can, it is VERY good to have.

yeah i have the 3 year warranty, but still i got majorly screwed im ganna be so rude on the phone tomorrow and try to get an acer 8200 out of it. basstards im sure 100% i got a lemon and they won't admit it!

does suing do anything just wondering? cuz if they act gay and suing works ill get a lawyer and sue for the price i bought it plus the lawyer fees

a manager will contact me somtime next week maybe monday, im ganna be really bitchy

themafia.69 said:
a manager will contact me somtime next week maybe monday, im ganna be really bitchy
I understand what you have been through, but I don't think that will help you. Make the Manager want to help, and they will be more willing.

If you say the word "lawyer" tech support stops talking to you completely. It gets turned over to their legal department whose sole task is to drive your legal fees up so high by swapping letters with your attorney that you will drop the whole thing.

The only solution is to buy a "no questions asked exchange" warantee when you purchase big ticket items. This usually adds 10-25% to the purchase price. You can do the same if you buy locally. For a 15-25% restock fee most places will take something back you are not happy with.

And reading the latest post and screen shot I'm thinking sound related problem on the MB. Those have been the ugliest I've come across to get resolved. Did they ever replace the MB? I lost track, this thread has been going so long.

yeah replaced the mobo on the last fix aswell as the harddrive, i guess ill be nice to them, btw leejend u are where the acer place is when i call them, go teach them something lol

They are in Fort Worth...

Oh, senile old memory coming back. I think I know where they live. I beleive they bought the Radio Shack computer line and are in the old facility up on I820 across from Tarrant County College. My wife is taking a class there this semester.

What do you need? Tires slashed, windshields popped? Or I could have my wife start a rumor at school they are doing nude model advertising photo shoots at the place and have it swarmed with college students.

PS That explains a lot. You bought a Radio Shack computer... :nervous:

ok they are ****ing pissing me off, they said it was x64 that was causing the problems this time because of wrong drivers or some **** when i got all my drivers from their site, and now when i type into firefox (web address or here lets say) if im typing fast it freezes sometimes for a sec or two then catches up to what i was typing (sorry if its hard to explain) whats the best software for a full daignostics on my laptop so i can find out whats wrong and tell them they are ****ing stupid and dont know how to fix computers?

comeon anyone?

Edit: spelling mistake

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back