LAN messenger software

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
Hi guys :). Does anyone know where I can download an app like this for free.
Not shareware. Most appreciated.:)

Why not use Windows Messenger and just signup for Passport accounts using your email address?

I wish I could think of the name of the one that we used to use on the domain and uses there login name as their user name.

I know you aren't looking for shareware, but you really should, depending on what you need.

We use Omnipod at work, which is an awesome program.

Just for arguments sake, take their TCO challenge and see what you think.

If you want something free, I would go with Windows messenger like madmatt said.

I've used and loved this program.

http://vnalex.tripod.com/en/screenshots.htm

No server needed, altho one can be setup. Works on the local workgroup so all computers must be in the same workgroup to chat.

It was a great program to use in class in college, when we didnt have internet and only ad-hoc wireless.

Ahh gentlemen as always your input is second to none. Thank You very much.
Yeah I was thinking of going the messenger route since we have an exchange server I can use that through outlook but I wanted something stand alone.
Admiral is that free? kcnychief I also see your point and will go that route if needed.

edit: Ok Admiral it is free. Hmm Ill give it a go.
update:Admiral you rock. Thank You so much and everyone for their help.

Last edited:
Word to the wise, Messenger is no longer integrated with Exchange Server 2003. They removed the built in functionality to force you to buy the collaboration server.

However, you can use Exchange Server 2000.

madmatt said:
Word to the wise, Messenger is no longer integrated with Exchange Server 2003. They removed the built in functionality to force you to buy the collaboration server.

However, you can use Exchange Server 2000.
Damn :-(. Good thing I didnt jump into that then.

We used to use the Messenger functionality built into Exchange until we upgraded to 2003. It worked very well. It also used your network credentials.

madmatt said:
We used to use the Messenger functionality built into Exchange until we upgraded to 2003. It worked very well. It also used your network credentials.
One of Microsofts special head scrathers lol.:ermm:

That's why those of us who use it signed up with our work email addresses for Passports.

Well .. I've used Netmeeting ( also for videoconferencing ) ..
Cosmin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back