lan/internet problem

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
i have DSL with DSL router (a little NAT box)
i hooked another computer to it and was transfering a file across the network
all of a sudden the one computer lost the transfer.. internet disapeared
the LAN isapeared... i did ping 127.0.0.1 and it replyed the lan card seems to be working fine,.......... i connect the wire and it says the connection is good... the default gateway is 192.168.0.1 and lal the IPs are 192.168.0.X
now that this computer has lost lan and internet it gets an IP of 169.254.93.9. I have no idea where this IP came from. I had this problem with a different computer once.. reinstalling windows worked. But i dont want to do this every time i have the problem... anyone have any solutions to what i can do to try to fix this.. i even added a new NIC and that didnt help any same issue as before
please help

That is a default Windows assigned IP address that it issues when a DHCP server can't be found. I'd say you have a bad NIC in that comptuer, or a bad cable going into the router. The other computer works fine, right?

-JJB

You might also try reinstalling the drivers for your NIC.

Check the connection of your NIC and the wires 2/from the router.

thanks
it isnt my PC i dont have it anyomore but i gotta fix it eventually
knowing thati s the default IP of windows dhcp is helpful
thanks alot

yeah its one of those annoying things that looks like its working but really it aint

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back