Lag on some games, not online

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by belveder, Aug 15, 2009.

1. belveder

belveder OSNN Senior Addict

I have tried a few versions of Windows 7 from 7100 to the current one and I love it as an OS but I am having lag problems with gaming, single player only. It's not on all games but ones that I play a lot of - Civilization 3, EA Sports Cricket 2007 and one or two others, they all are a couple years old lol and run perfect except for the lag.

I am using all the latest drivers, obviously the viseo card drivers have had a couple revisions and each has been the same. I have tried compatibility mode & running as administrator etc

Have tried it with no antivus installed and with, no difference either way

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Well that is quite weird, you answered all my questions I ask right away. As well I know that I can play CIV3 perfectly fine on Windows 7. So hmm.

3. belveder

belveder OSNN Senior Addict

I don't have this trouble on Vista 64 bit

4. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I can only really assume it's a driver issue, as it doesn't appear to be hardware since you say it works fine on Vista. Are you using the RTM or still a RC build? Have you checked Windows Update for drivers as well? Opinions vary about using that destination for drivers, but might be a good luck for you. Also could try removing the drivers and re-installing the adapter itself, incase one of the driver upgrades went whacked out.