Lag on some games, not online

belveder

OSNN Senior Addict
I have tried a few versions of Windows 7 from 7100 to the current one and I love it as an OS but I am having lag problems with gaming, single player only. It's not on all games but ones that I play a lot of - Civilization 3, EA Sports Cricket 2007 and one or two others, they all are a couple years old lol and run perfect except for the lag.

I am using all the latest drivers, obviously the viseo card drivers have had a couple revisions and each has been the same. I have tried compatibility mode & running as administrator etc

Have tried it with no antivus installed and with, no difference either way

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Well that is quite weird, you answered all my questions I ask right away. As well I know that I can play CIV3 perfectly fine on Windows 7. So hmm.

I can only really assume it's a driver issue, as it doesn't appear to be hardware since you say it works fine on Vista. Are you using the RTM or still a RC build? Have you checked Windows Update for drivers as well? Opinions vary about using that destination for drivers, but might be a good luck for you. Also could try removing the drivers and re-installing the adapter itself, incase one of the driver upgrades went whacked out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back